Decent Builder Required

Gareth Barry Conlon

Can anyone oh here recommend a decent builder.

Looking to have quite a bit of work done, removing some internal walls, new staircase and an extension on the back.

South Manchester / Heatons area.

Can anyone oh here recommend a decent builder.

Looking to have quite a bit of work done, removing some internal walls, new staircase and an extension on the back.

South Manchester / Heatons area.

Do your homework mate on anybody you have doing work. Get recommendations, ask to view their works and speak to the people they have done work for.

Make sure you keep some money back (stage payments) and do not pay the final amount until you know Building Control are satisfied with the work. I often view work where the builder/homeowner has not got the sign off by Building Control, contact the Council a year later and numerous elements get highlighted which requires completing and naturally the builder is not interested in completing.

I would suggest keeping in contact with BC, find out when they want to visit (for a single storey extension typically foundation excavations, oversite, DPC, drainage, structural work (steels) soakaway, insulation (floor, roof, walls), roof inspection and a completion visit and make sure they are satisfied with the elements of work. Ultimately it is your responsibility under the regs.

Last edited:
What about a morally bankrupt one?

My mate has exceptionally competitive day rates but he's a dirty bastard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.