Decking

In my new house I've inherited some decking in not exactly great shape. Quite a lot with it tbh, but generally just not looked after well enough so I'm going to have to replace a fair amount of it.

I've looked around and a lot of the companies have pretty uninspiring reviews so I was wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience of getting decent, cheapish 120mm decking boards? Edecks look good in concept but their trust pilot reviews have some horror stories. Could always go b and q or wickes but they don't have the variety of lengths I'd want. Not a major problem but getting longer ones would be easier
I used a company called savoy timber. Very helpful on the phone and very competitive on price. Its been down for 3 years now and still looks like new. I oil it twice a year, using a roller, its covered in minutes. I just put the roller back in a plastic bag and use it again. No cleaning required.

Going back about 10 years ago, Axfords in Bolton were always difficult to beat in price and quality for decking boards and timber.
They are still going, so would check them out.
They used to do free delivery in northwest for minimum order value.
Some of their stuff laid 10+ years ive seen recently still in excellent condition.

From memory, the only thing to be wary of is its 'actual' size.
Most decking from b&q, wickes etc I think is 28x120. Axfords used to be something like 32x116, so 3 or 4mm thicker but also a bit narrower, which might make it difficult to match your existing stuff. Make sure you check before buying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.