Decking

BigOscar

In my new house I've inherited some decking in not exactly great shape. Quite a lot with it tbh, but generally just not looked after well enough so I'm going to have to replace a fair amount of it.

I've looked around and a lot of the companies have pretty uninspiring reviews so I was wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience of getting decent, cheapish 120mm decking boards? Edecks look good in concept but their trust pilot reviews have some horror stories. Could always go b and q or wickes but they don't have the variety of lengths I'd want. Not a major problem but getting longer ones would be easier

if grooves are in both sides doesn’t matter but grooves always down..
Correct, they are now more and more being made with grooves on both sides, the grooves are to help with airflow and reduced condensation, but majority put grooves up for grip

Nearly everyone installs decking wrong, upside down.
They've done more wrong than that tbh. There's nowhere for water to drain, its too flat, the edges aren't supported and they've nailed it instead of using deck screws. Pretty confident I'll find more wrong when I get some of it up, I'll be amazed if there is any water protection at all. That's before you get to the 3 flaking layers of paint on top

In my new house I've inherited some decking in not exactly great shape. Quite a lot with it tbh, but generally just not looked after well enough so I'm going to have to replace a fair amount of it.

I've looked around and a lot of the companies have pretty uninspiring reviews so I was wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience of getting decent, cheapish 120mm decking boards? Edecks look good in concept but their trust pilot reviews have some horror stories. Could always go b and q or wickes but they don't have the variety of lengths I'd want. Not a major problem but getting longer ones would be easier
got some the other week. worked out a tenner each for 3 plus metre lengths. will dig out supplier and post link tomoz.

got some the other week. worked out a tenner each for 3 plus metre lengths. will dig out supplier and post link tomoz.
Cool, cheers. So hard to tell quality online as reviews even for good things have a few terrible, angry reviews telling you to stay clear

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.