Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If rumours are to be believed he's Arsenal's first choice midfield target this summer. I think we see him as being able to play the Xhaka role and cover Partey.

I thought he'd maybe go for a more technical player as a Xhaka alternative, but given how we are still a bit open in transitions maybe Arteta thinks Rice will help with that and with winning the ball higher up the pitch.

If rumours are to be believed he's Arsenal's first choice midfield target this summer. I think we see him as being able to play the Xhaka role and cover Partey.

I thought he'd maybe go for a more technical player as a Xhaka alternative, but given how we are still a bit open in transitions maybe Arteta thinks Rice will help with that and with winning the ball higher up the pitch.

A good fit for your mob.

Is he in hs final year,will you be trying to get him on the cheap?

A good fit for your mob.

Is he in hs final year,will you be trying to get him on the cheap?

Think West Ham have a year option so he won't be cheap. I think you might be talking a total package of £80M-£100M, so be interesting to see if we choose to go that far, or if the Scousers or the Rags try to get involved, or maybe even Newcastle. However supposedly he's a London lad and would prefer to stay there and he wants Champions League football.

I always thought he was a shoe in for Chelsea but I think the fact they've turned into a bit of a basket case of a club and Mason Mounts situation has opened the door for others.

Nothing against Kalvin but I’d happily sell him this summer and put the money towards Rice. He’d bring more depth to the squad, being able to play the Rodri or Stones role.

Nothing against Kalvin but I’d happily sell him this summer and put the money towards Rice. He’d bring more depth to the squad, being able to play the Rodri or Stones role.
I agree, Philips gives me Nolito vibes. The guy seems to not like playing for us, for whatever reason.

Can't imagine Rice would be happy to sit on the bench as Rodri's backup and I can't imagine we'd be willing to spend the sort of money West Ham would want for him. Not to mention the fact that we'd have to move Phillips on if we would be after Rice and that in itself could prove to be a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.