Deeds to your house

sky tot

Very soon my mortgage will be paid off .
What have BM folk done with their deeds to keep them safe ?
Do you have to pay your bank to store them safe ?
Solicitors ?
Or under your bed ?

Ours are at our solicitors, they were at home but before out house move fell through we took them in for the deal to be completed and they were quite happy to keep them indefinitely at no charge afterwards.

If your deeds are electronically logged with Land Registry you do not need a paper copy anywhere. There are not many houses that now require paper deeds. My mum bought her house in 1957 and has never moved, therefore we keep her deeds with a solicitor (free) we bought our 10 years ago and do not need paper deeds.

If your deeds are electronically logged with Land Registry you do not need a paper copy anywhere. There are not many houses that now require paper deeds. My mum bought her house in 1957 and has never moved, therefore we keep her deeds with a solicitor (free) we bought our 10 years ago and do not need paper deeds.
How can you find out if they are electronically logged ? Cheers

Very soon my mortgage will be paid off .
What have BM folk done with their deeds to keep them safe ?
Do you have to pay your bank to store them safe ?
Solicitors ?
Or under your bed ?
Just electronically kept now at land registry. Paper thing is defunct these days really, you dont need it.

Go to the Land Registry website and make the enquiry. From memory you will be charged a small fee: £3?

I have an account with them, the £3 search will tell you who owns it for example and any charges, to get the deeds it costs £7 per document and there can be more than one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.