DEFENDERS

EL APACHE TEVEZ

when are we gettin some decent defenders cos the one's we've got at the minute we're goin know where any idea's

This thread is ludicrous.

Kompany has done a great job with Toure and Lescott out. The expectations are too high, so we've bought 2 new defenders in the summer and we're now expected to keep a clean sheet every match?

The commentators are worse than the fans! Lescott was playing very well before his injury and Toure has always been solid I think. Tin hat maybe neccassary I think mate.

Lescott, Toure, Bridge, Richards are good defenders. They need cover in front of them, and organisation.

Then there's Onouha, Garrido, Zabeleta, Kompany, Boyata, Sylvinho. We have a team of defenders

LCBblue said:
This thread is ludicrous.

Kompany has done a great job with Toure and Lescott out. The expectations are too high, so we've bought 2 new defenders in the summer and we're now expected to keep a clean sheet every match?

The commentators are worse than the fans! Lescott was playing very well before his injury and Toure has always been solid I think. Tin hat neccassary I think mate.
Agree. Teams like Birmingham and Stoke don't concede many goals because their whole team defends and they often play with just 1 or 2 forwards. Our defenders were getting exposed one on one several times a game earlier in the season. That's not because the defenders were poor, but because we were set up to attack. Overly so. We were trying to ft Tevez, SWP, Robinho, Adebayor, Bellamy into the same team, and the only way it can be done is by playing without midfield cover for the defence

FRAN THE ARAB said:
when are we gettin some decent defenders cos the one's we've got at the minute we're goin know where any idea's

Try watching recent games Fran.....you must stop watching those old videos. :)

not sure i'd agree with that. we've already got a few good centre halves (providing we keep them fit and in form etc) zabba and richards are good (and improving) at rb and bridge is a good lb. i'd agree that we could do with strengthening at lb tho, but not that the defenders individually are holding us back.

4 games iv'e missed this season sam home and away not seen one decent display off the defence and as for kompany he's not a center half as long as iv'e got an hole in my arse he's a central midfielder

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.