Defense

kinkysleftfoot said:
Not really as feb not over yet.... Have we played like for like teams?

??? What do you mean, those stats are from the start of the season up to this point. Nothing to do with Feb and as we are over halfway through the season, then there will be strong similarities to last season as we have played everybody at least once. The only differences will be the Home/away combinations.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
Not really as feb not over yet.... Have we played like for like teams?

??? What do you mean, those stats are from the start of the season up to this point. Nothing to do with Feb and as we are over halfway through the season, then there will be strong similarities to last season as we have played everybody at least once. The only differences will be the Home/away combinations.

It wasn't clear that it was up to the last game, but even taking that point the away games missing then are spurs Norwich and the rags !!

bondsman said:
Last season I commented on here that rm had improved everyone of our defensive players. I think the issue this year has been we haven't had that defensive solidarity to build on. Say what you like about nasty but vk and lescott were awesome last year and we undoubtedly miss Micah as well as zab is playing. Plus Barry and de Jong offered so much more than Barry and Garcia. The best work rm, who I love btw way, did in making us a top team seems undone. We seem to have lost our heart and aggression. Without either we will win sod all.

Lost aggression and heart because Mancini has lost the dressing room.

As for the defence issue; Lescott was never a top four footballer and was panic bought for a ridiculous amount. He looked better than he was last season because NDJ covered for him. How on earth getting in a world class CB wasn't seen as a priority last summer - only Mancini knows.
Then there's Maicon,Garcia and Kolarov - and that sums up the defence issue.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.