Defensive Coach & Tinker Man

The Doctor

Our brilliant defense of last season is now being breached! What does that tell us about the 'new' Italian defensive coach appointed in the summer?
Why does Mancini constantly 'tinker' with team selection for big games? He did it last season resting Hart for FA Cup against United and left out Lescott in Madrid and surely he doesn't see Maicon as first choice right back?

The Maicon start was not a total mystery, but he hasn't got anything like the pace he had, and he is a bit like AK. They both like to go lolloping forward for a smash on goal, and there's a bloody great hole at the back that others are stretched to cover.

The Doctor said:
Our brilliant defense of last season is now being breached! What does that tell us about the 'new' Italian defensive coach appointed in the summer?
Why does Mancini constantly 'tinker' with team selection for big games? He did it last season resting Hart for FA Cup against United and left out Lescott in Madrid and surely he doesn't see Maicon as first choice right back?

I tink Gregucci was brought in to replace Lombardo who has taken charge of U18

Ragnarok said:
The Doctor said:

<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 am --<br /><br />
The Doctor said:
Ragnarok said:
The Doctor said:

Nice pun!

Lescott had a knock, no?<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:51 am --<br /><br />Lescott had a knock, no?

Is he really a defensive coach? Not seen that specified anywhere and it's Mancini that does all the key coaching isn't it.

Also it's Mancini who picks the team.I don't see what's wrong in playing Maicon.He has all the experience in the world which is/was important against Real.It's not all about pace either ,however nice it is to be quick,but when you are faced with Ronaldo is about the team ethic in covering the first man.

I would never play Maicon, kolorov or Nastic (sp?) against any of the top teams.....Maicon and Kolorov are both defensively weak and inferior to other options (Zaba, Richards and Cliche)

Nastic..hard to judge from the Real game as obvioulsy they are a top top team and will trouble any team...however baisc are is that he is slow and lumbering.....positives...looks reasonably comfortable on the ball (though takes too many chances) and seems quite physically strong

I think dejong offered more defensive cover than his replacement (though Garcia offers a lot more going forward)

For me, what kolorov offers going forward is NOT worth what he takes away from the defense

And Kompnay an dLescott should stiull be the numer one pairing for the considerable part of this season

Cannt wait for richards to be back as think we miss his attacking abilities and overall quality defensively.....though I thought the intro of Zabba the other night really helped chang the game and we looked a lot more solid with him on (even though Madrid scored once he was introduced ...but that was more due to a change of system)

I think this timkering with formation could cosdt us dearly...immnot sure why we are changing something that worked so well for us last season....Its nice to have attacking full backs as a back up when all else fails but maicon especially should only be used as a tatical substitute....defensively he is poor...but most of us knew that before he came

Today's headline in the MEN.

Matija Nastasic is ready now, insists Manchester City coach David Platt

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1589311_matija-nastasic-is-ready-now-insists-manchester-city-coach-david-platt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... avid-platt</a>

Re: Defensive Coach & Tinker Man

Given he is only 19yrs old, I thought Nastasic had a very good game against Real.

As for us in general, well I think it's a bad case of complacency. Hopefully that'll get kicked out of us on Sunday.

Mancini does appear to throw suprises in his selections for the champions league games.It cost us last year and it may do this year.He should save tinkering for nailed on league games or the Carling cup,with strength on the bench if needed.

If it ain't broken don't fix it is a good philosophy and what we did last season served us well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.