Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Charlesfarsbar, 1 May 2017.

1. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

I think Sarri will be gone before they let Kante come home

2. blueparrot

blueparrot

Fernandinho has made 44 tackles this season Jorginho 41, where he beats Jorginho is in headed clearances. So strong in the defensive aspect is more the aerial thing rather than needing a strong tackling sort. No idea what De Jong is like in the air. Jorginho seems easier to press but that could just be having the players around him knowing how position themselves to play out.

3. Divino da Guia

Divino da Guia

I suspect the similar number of tackles has more to do with the fact that teams attack Chelsea much more than they dare to do against City.

When you actually watch them Jorginho looks lost there. It could be because its a new environment of course.

4. Tevez City

Tevez City

5. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

Pep has said we won't pay big for a defensive midfielder.

End of

6. blueparrot

blueparrot

He said we were looking at 4 options, I guess when he said that he knew De Jong was out. So maybe Ndombele, Aouar, Neves not sure who else but could be someone no ones even mentioned.

7. BimboBob

BimboBob

When did he say that?

It's a weird thing to come out with when his whole team is based around someone who can sit, break stuff up, pass well and move forward.

8. argyle

argyle

I doubt we'll be able to afford Ndombele as I can see PSG also being in for him.

9. LIBlue

LIBlue

Auoar is the best option around feels best equipped to take over for fern without effecting the team too much but I’d bring him and ndombele as a package :D

10. dhruvblue

dhruvblue

The thing is PSY are looking for player for that position and maybe Juventus.So we will be locked in 3 way battle anyway.
    I hope we have marked upon and probably made moves already while PSG was trying for Fdj.