Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Fullbacks are more important. We have 3 players at the club that can play the pivot role for next season even if none of them are ideally suited to it - Dinho, Delph and Gundogan. We have zero fullbacks fit for purpose and 3 of the 4 we do have are on the way out.
Spot on. Full backs are the key players in a Pep team and we don't have a single one capable of meeting his requirements

Again, allowing Wanyama to move to Spurs for 11m no questions asked is poor for the standards we should be at. He is exactly the sort of DM we needed and is one of, if not the best in the league along with Kante.
Wanyama is shite compared to kante. Not on the same level, and neiher are a perfect fit for us

Wanyama is shite compared to kante. Not on the same level, and neiher are a perfect fit for us

I'm not going to debate that, as obviously were in total disagreement. Wanyama, for me, is an absolutely excellent holding midfield player who is also an asset both attacking and defending set pieces with his power and height. I also think he'd fit us perfectly in place of the poor Fernandinho who's offered zero all season.

Fernando is very good pure defensive midfielder.

Not really. His positional sense is dreadful. Sometimes he can tackle someone close to him, but he often misses the key opponent because he's in the wrong place and doesn't have the pace or anticipation to get there.

Kante and Wanyama are on a completely different level. De Jong was better as a pure DM too. Fernando is one of our biggest disappointments of recent transfer windows. He needs to go.

Not really. His positional sense is dreadful. Sometimes he can tackle someone close to him, but he often misses the key opponent because he's in the wrong place and doesn't have the pace or anticipation to get there.

Kante and Wanyama are on a completely different level. De Jong was better as a pure DM too. Fernando is one of our biggest disappointments of recent transfer windows. He needs to go.

Absolutely this.

Infuriates me when people say Fernando is "good at what he does" and "protects the back 4". He's absolutely toss at doing that, so slow to react, players just stroll round him. I can't think of a single attribute he's got, other than looking a bit like Obama.

Not reading the whole thread because I'm lazy, but I'd say two full backs are far, far more important. At the minute I'm not sure any of our full backs would get into any team in the top 6 - maybe even lower. Given the vast amounts of money we've spent, that is criminal.

Spot on. Full backs are the key players in a Pep team and we don't have a single one capable of meeting his requirements

agreed but do we think rose and walker are the answers? they are upgrades but I'm not sure either are good enough footballers....walker in particular just looks like an athlete and without that he is bang average.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.