Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Lee Jae Sung, been watching the K-League regularly for a while now and he's easily the best player in the entire league. He's going to the World Cup with South Korea this year, so shouldn't have a real problem with getting the work permit. Plays like a mix of David Silva and De Jong, tackles hard and intercepts but can also pass well. Wouldn't cost more than 5-10 million and would bring revenue in form of SK fans watching more (look at Son at Tottenham). He'll go to a big European team eventually (Dortmund and Lyon are both interested) and quadruple his value in a year or two.

For those who didn't watch his monstrous performance vs PSG.

I watched that game, and was very impressed with him. He could be a great DM, but is still very raw. He's super quick and athletic, unlike some of our other targets (Fabinho, Weigl, Jorginho). Would be a very interesting signing, but I'm not too sure if he would accept being 2nd or 3rd choice DM

I watched that game, and was very impressed with him. He could be a great DM, but is still very raw. He's super quick and athletic, unlike some of our other targets (Fabinho, Weigl, Jorginho). Would be a very interesting signing, but I'm not too sure if he would accept being 2nd or 3rd choice DM
Any new DM is going to be 2nd choice after Ferna initially. He would need to learn the system and take part in rotation next season.
As for being 3rd choice, no idea what you mean mate, City aren't going to buy 2 DMs. Ferna, new DM and perhaps someone younger (Gomes or Smith) and that's it.

Found good video demonstrating Ndombele's qualities.

Any new DM is going to be 2nd choice after Ferna initially. He would need to learn the system and take part in rotation next season.
As for being 3rd choice, no idea what you mean mate, City aren't going to buy 2 DMs. Ferna, new DM and perhaps someone younger (Gomes or Smith) and that's it.

I was thinking if Pep preferred Gundo over Ndombele as DM, while Ndombele was still learning the system.

Yeah I see us playing Ferna against the top teams and in hard away games etc, new guy against the weaker sides and then new guy and Claudio Gomes getting minutes in the cups.

Might be wrong on Gomes but something convinced him to join us when he was only a few months away from breaking through at PSG - in a league that is quickly becoming the worlds best for developing talent.

Yeah I see us playing Ferna against the top teams and in hard away games etc, new guy against the weaker sides and then new guy and Claudio Gomes getting minutes in the cups.

Might be wrong on Gomes but something convinced him to join us when he was only a few months away from breaking through at PSG - in a league that is quickly becoming the worlds best for developing talent.
Claudio Gomes is only 17 and 164cm tall (5 feet and 4,6 inches) and he has not played a minute in Ligue 1

Claudio Gomes is only 17 and 164cm tall (5 feet and 4,6 inches) and he has not played a minute in Ligue 1

I didn't say anything that contradicts that?

All I said was he was in line for some first team minutes at PSG in the near future and we said something that made him come here instead, even though it wouldn't be till the summer and would royally piss off his current bosses.

My point was it must have been something pretty juicy we offered him because the alternative was not moving house/country/league, playing in a league full of young talent making their names, with potential european football and almost guaranteed silverware. Lets face it, we aren't going to offer him more money and we can't say we have a better record of developing youth so the offer must have been about playing time. Pep was apparently the guy who convinced him so it must have been at least training with the first team. If he was just one for the loan army why not stay at PSG or better yet not sign for a City/PSG level club and go be a key player at a lower level team.

I didn't say anything that contradicts that?

All I said was he was in line for some first team minutes at PSG in the near future and we said something that made him come here instead, even though it wouldn't be till the summer and would royally piss off his current bosses.

My point was it must have been something pretty juicy we offered him because the alternative was not moving house/country/league, playing in a league full of young talent making their names, with potential european football and almost guaranteed silverware. Lets face it, we aren't going to offer him more money and we can't say we have a better record of developing youth so the offer must have been about playing time. Pep was apparently the guy who convinced him so it must have been at least training with the first team. If he was just one for the loan army why not stay at PSG or better yet not sign for a City/PSG level club and go be a key player at a lower level team.
Agreed. I'm sure there was some encouragement from Pep to get Claudio otherwise wouldn't make much sense. No obvious targets for me this summer. left back, cdm, winger/st would be ideal but not a ton of rumors yet

According to this table, Ndombele is already one of the best dribblers in Europe (which isn't really surprising, considering his technique and acceleration)
http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2017/216/en/
wp216dk.svg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.