Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Diawara can’t get a game currently at Napoli. They’ve also showed interest in Zinchenko. Swap deal plus cash?

Reactions: nmc
To be honest, I'd take anyone who can play that position at the moment.

It's never going to happen, but I'd love to see us get Kante (back) by offering the chance for him to play in his preferred position.

I think mendy could play a few positions. left back , left centre back and defensive mid he has all the attributes to play either role.
If we put a perfectly fit Mendy in at DM... we'd be complaining every day why we hadn't brought in a real DM. He is defensively poor and he will only ever be a reliable start if the rest of our defensive corps is at 100%

I know he’s young, but Declan Rice at West Ham could be available for a reasonable price in January as a defensive midfielder option. Better than anything we currently have as cover for Ferna and a real prospect so not just a stop gap. Hasn’t signed a new contract even though his current one is up in the summer. I’d be over the moon if we want for him.

Declan Rice has been outstanding in the first half against Southampton. Best midfield performance I’ve seen in a while. Only 19, and his contract expires in the summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.