Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Charlesfarsbar, 1 May 2017.

1. ws01

ws01

I'm sold on Rice

He won't be the only player we need at DM, will still need another one

Get him in with Pep and Fernandino showing him the ropes, he can go to another level

Zenmanc likes this.
  2. blueparrot

blueparrot

We will only get one in the summer and it won't be him, Maybe the year after when Fernandinho leaves it could be him.

3. Tevez City

Tevez City

Last season Gundogan started 3 consecutive games against top teams when Fernandinho was unavailable and City won the 3 games and Gundogan done really well.

Gundogan never impressed when he replace Silvas or KDB, but he always do well imo when replacing Fernandinho.

4. jaigurugoat

jaigurugoat

If we wanted Rice we should have tapped him up before he signed the new contract.

5. ws01

ws01

Contract means nothing mate, if we want him he's obtainable

6. leighton

leighton

Rice can be anything. Not too sure if he's a defender or midfielder. I don't think he is at the level were at yet. Also you never know if he will ever get there. Guessing we have a good youth to bring in from the youth system that would do the job Rice does. How is Gomes doing at the moment thought he might make the break into the squad.

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Sandler, Pozo and Garcia would be the 3 you'd be looking at in the EDS, guessing Gomes isn't too close as Guardiola hasn't had him around too many squads.

8. birchwoodgingerste

birchwoodgingerste

Reminds me of clarke at newcastle ..good defender can play dcm but so limited.

9. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

There is little comparison .Clarke is a defender nothing else. Rice is composed on the ball, reads the game well , only tackles when he needs to. He is very mature and now playing regular football in the premier league. Letting him be bought by another club would be similar to missing out on Van Dijk.

TonyM likes this.
  10. paddyblue

paddyblue

I think I’d have to agree, he has the potential to be at the class required for our team. I’d give him a go