Demeaco Duhaney

Actually, one of the Guardian's journalists DM'd me on twitter asking about him. I'm a big fan of Duhaney, so i guess he's been influenced by my twitter feed, which is hilarious. The brief is a young, English first year scholar though i think, and in that category he's one of our best to be fair. So its not totally undeserved. Just a journalist trying to be a bit left-field.

In general though I really like Duhaney. Just a very good all round fullback. Two-footed, fast, defensively solid. Can cross with every foot, well too. And he scored an absolute blinder as well against Blackburn. Just an impressive, competent all-round footballer.
Lol, you'll be the "keen watchers of the City youth set-up" then Twosips?

http://www.theguardian.com/football...0-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Edit: they're not all English BTW, "The Guardian looks at some of the best young talent coming through at Premier League clubs, identifying one player from each club born between 1 September 1998 and 31 August 1999"

I take it I wasn't the only one who found it a bit odd that the Guardian selected him out of all our academy prospects? It seemed a bit baffling
The Guardian have a propensity to write 'big up' articles surrounding a particular agency and even negative stories about managers who are in negotiations with said agency
Arguably the Guardian are a mouthpiece for the agency.

Lol, you'll be the "keen watchers of the City youth set-up" then Twosips?

http://www.theguardian.com/football...0-of-the-best-talents-at-premier-league-clubs

Edit: they're not all English BTW, "The Guardian looks at some of the best young talent coming through at Premier League clubs, identifying one player from each club born between 1 September 1998 and 31 August 1999"

Guess I will be! ha.

I get squirty's insinuation there, but I think in this instance Jamie Jackson has genuinely just read one of the reports and thought 'he sounds decent', cos he then asked me a fair few innocuous questions via DM. He was struggling to find info at all, which isn't what you'd expect if an agency was tipping him off.

Guess I will be! ha.

I get squirty's insinuation there, but I think in this instance Jamie Jackson has genuinely just read one of the reports and thought 'he sounds decent', cos he then asked me a fair few innocuous questions via DM. He was struggling to find info at all, which isn't what you'd expect if an agency was tipping him off.
Not implying it's not genuine mate, just that I trust the Gruaniad's football writers as much as I would trust Pol Pot with baby sitting my kids

I think he played a pre-season game against Chelsea. He might have got some minutes in a cup tie since then, I don't remember. But in the pre-season game he looked miles off it against a Chelsea youngster. I'm not surprised he's been released. Best thing for him really. He can get on with trying to become a footballer.

I think he played a pre-season game against Chelsea. He might have got some minutes in a cup tie since then, I don't remember. But in the pre-season game he looked miles off it against a Chelsea youngster. I'm not surprised he's been released. Best thing for him really. He can get on with trying to become a footballer.

I think it was his call as far as I'm aware. Didn't accept a contract. We've offered contracts to some much less talented players in recent years so i'd be surprised if we hadn't with him.

I'm not sure he's that good myself but if he decided to move rather than the other way round, then you can only wish the lad well. I don't really blame kids for moving on once they reach a certain stage of development. Young people in any job take the opportunity to move on. It's a way of expanding your professional horizons. We fans tend to have an unrealistic sense of ownership where they're concerned.

I thought he was decent a couple of years ago, but he hasn't really improved or shown that he's got first team potential.

Not that fussed about him leaving and I'm sure he'll do well at around League 1 level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.