Demichelis our last signing?

citytill1die84 said:
An out and out left winger and another DM to replace Barry needed but I think we're finished.

El Sheraawy and Fellaini ?

razman said:
citytill1die84 said:
An out and out left winger and another DM to replace Barry needed but I think we're finished.

Not really keen on El Sheraawy mate Fellaini rag bound I think plus he'd be a liability for us to dirty although I wouldn't say no. Not many players left seems to have been a busy summer all over Europe.

razman said:
citytill1die84 said:

Would prefer Di Maria or Griezmann and Fellaini, and we also need to think about a quality left back to give Clichy some competition and another young centreback for Kompany and Nastasic to be kept on their toes and also as a long term replacement for Lescott.

I think there was a bit of panic about City on Saturday against Hull and Robbie Savage pointed it out excellently. There was no leadership at the back at all. Both Lescott and Nastasic need a defensive partner alongside them to organise the defence and to keep the full backs in line, especially Kolarov.
The remark about the stand in captain (Yaya) jogging back without any urgency is also what happened last season, and shouldn't be happening now.

Yaya's goal is helping to hide his complacency when playing "weaker" teams in the Premier league. I think Yaya should have been pushed into defence alongside either Nastasic or Lescott and either Rodwell, Milner or even Garcia should have played alongside Fernandinho. This should stabalise the defence when Kompany's out and is the reason DeMichelis has been brought in.

Pellegrini seemed to see the defence as a problem against Cardiff and changed the players he could but the problems were the same despite different staff. Hopefully Pellegrini can recognise the problems which most of us have seen since January 2012 and Mancini failed to rectify. We have some glaring weaknesses in our squad but the window is about to shut and I doubt the present issues can be sorted this window. Nest summer should see the majority of the current high earners move on or their contracts run down or changed if need be. Kolarov, Lescott, and Garcia should be moved on and the older players approaching 30 will not be ensured of starting games just because of who they are.

We can all see the weaknesses which need addressing and hopefully Pellegrini will sort it out sooner rather than later, Mancini struglled all last season to change things and wanted to splash the cash on expensive signings to get things done, the owners wouldn't allow this but have changed what they thought was most urgent, now the players need to change and the coach needs to help them to do it, because at the moment we are struggling despite the class of our squad. I hope the change is swift and we can get back to the football of the early Premiership winning campaign, the attacking play was sublime and the defence solid when called upon, it all went well until January when Yaya went to Africa and Kompany was injured then we faltered and stunmbled over the line. At least we are now scoring goals, but the defence needs sorting urgently.

brummie blue said:
Would be great if we got Di Maria or Ozil, especially if snatched from Arsenal.

2 great players, but once again it would be strengthening areas that we don't really need to strengthen?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.