Denayer(signed for Lyon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What went wrong for him since about 3-4 years ago he played at Celtic next to Van Dijk who became the most expensive defender in the world and a world class CB while he is struggling to get his move to Galatasaray in a 2m bid...

I really expected much more from that Weiss, Denayer, Guidetti generation. Rekik too.

What went wrong for him since about 3-4 years ago he played at Celtic next to Van Dijk who became the most expensive defender in the world and a world class CB while he is struggling to get his move to Galatasaray in a 2m bid...

I really expected much more from that Weiss, Denayer, Guidetti generation. Rekik too.

Me too I was a big fan of Weiss and particularly Rekik.

If he ran through walls for Pep. He stays. Simples.

A lot of Celtic fans rated his potential higher than VVD too.

If Celtic had the money it would be a great place for him to rebuild and he'd be given the chance too cos of his previous time their. His next decision will really define the rest of his career

Yeah, .I expected Denayers career to kick on. He seemed to have all the right attributes. Just hasn't seemed to have happened for him.

Can't help but feel like we fucked this lad over. He had bags of potential when he signed a new deal and we just let him stagnate by keeping Demichelis in Pellegrini's final season.

His performances on loan since Celtic hardly set the world on fire.

Can't help but feel like we fucked this lad over. He had bags of potential when he signed a new deal and we just let him stagnate by keeping Demichelis in Pellegrini's final season.
Stagnate? Wasn't he at Galatasaray that season, how the hell is that stagnating. Sorry, but I don't get this need to blame the club all the time because a player doesn't have the mental balls to kick their career on. They have all the tools and opportunities and he ends up giving someone who's already on the floor a good kicking. No sympathy at all.

His kicking a man in the head during a street fight likely did not help his cause to stay here. I'd suspect it made other clubs who'd likely give him an opportunity think twice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.