Denayer(signed for Lyon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost all the good things I had to say about Denayer since that film of him brawling and kicking someone in the head, if we're going to get rid of him let's do it fast and without fuss.

He wasn't the one who broke the deal, City were.

We treated him abominably & yes, if we punish him for trying to further his career afer shitting on his head previously, then it's bad for our reputation.

If we don't think a club has bid high enough, we have no obligation to accept a bid, & we can hold him to his shitty, dishonourable, contract if we want, but any kind of nonsense about him being a spoilt brat is utter shite.

He did nothing at alll wrong, played well, boosted his reputation including at international level and we conned the kid into signing a deal which has done fuck all for his career other than damage it.

City imo should do the honourable thing & release him for a reasonable fee, from the contract they swindled him on. He is not an academy product, we did fuck all for him other than interfere in his development.

We are not scousers so we should not behave like it.
We didn't force him to sign a contract. He is (and was at the time) old enough to weigh the options, had professionals advising him along the way, and at the end of the day chose to take a chance and take the money. That said, football is a business and sometimes things just don't work out. In this case there was some poor judgement on our part which probably prevented him from getting a real shot, and on his part there was some bad luck and bad play on loan over the years; and he didn't do himself any favors either when he was filmed kicking someone in the head on the sidewalk. For all parties benefit we should let him go on a cheap deal with a decent sell on clause and call it a day.

We didn't force him to sign a contract. He is (and was at the time) old enough to weigh the options, had professionals advising him along the way, and at the end of the day chose to take a chance and take the money. That said, football is a business and sometimes things just don't work out. In this case there was some poor judgement on our part which probably prevented him from getting a real shot, and on his part there was some bad luck and bad play on loan over the years; and he didn't do himself any favors either when he was filmed kicking someone in the head on the sidewalk. For all parties benefit we should let him go on a cheap deal with a decent sell on clause and call it a day.

I don't agree. We promised him he'd have a place in the squad and we basically fobbed him off at the last minute.

He should have been in the squad over Demichelis and our treatment of him was rank as @Neville Kneville said. He was better than VVD when in Scotland and could have been better now with more faith and more opportunities.

I don't agree. We promised him he'd have a place in the squad and we basically fobbed him off at the last minute.

He should have been in the squad over Demichelis and our treatment of him was rank as @Neville Kneville said. He was better than VVD when in Scotland and could have been better now with more faith and more opportunities.
It's impossible to prove he wouldn't have been as good a VVD is now, but since I've watched him play I highly doubt it. Yes, he should've been in the squad that year, I was really disappointed as well, but he's had chances as well and hasn't taken them.

I lost all the good things I had to say about Denayer since that film of him brawling and kicking someone in the head, if we're going to get rid of him let's do it fast and without fuss.

Where has it been said he was brawling ? Do you have a film of him brawling ? I have not seen it. Maybe you are just chatting shite.

The reports I read said he was walking to his car when he heard a friend calling for help. He then kicked this fella in the head because he was sat atop his friend raining down punches onto his head. I would hope my friend would put the boot in in the same circumstance.

The 'money' is irrelevant. He could have got money anywhere at that time.

When a club like City & a manager with the reputation of Manuel Pellegrini, promise you first team football, if you sign a new deal, you have no reason not to trust them.

I should say 'had' no reason not to trust them. Pep is now having to repair that.

Since that happened, several of the top, most sought after kids, have left the club at the end of their contracts, citing the lack of belief in getting any first team football, as the main reason.

Last edited:
As I said previously he was brawling.

Well he wasn't was he ? It was a rather shite swing of a boot rather than him being involved in the brawl (& not very well executed).

But you are right imo that it puts a question mark over his suitability to be part of City's squad. Maybe could be the reason he's not getting a shot, after looking ok pre season.

Also he is not homegrown as indicated on the FA Premier league website under Clty’s Squad. You have to click on the profile for each player and it shows ‘HG’ under their player pics, but not for Denayer. His time on loan at Celtic and Galatasary did not count as homegrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.