Denayer

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Cobwebcat, 13 Jul 2018.

1. I’d rather live in Istanbul than Yorkshire too

2. shak

shak

Fuck it stick him in the reserves, at this point he is actively working against the club so we owe him no loyalty.

This and only this likes this.
  3. 80s Shorts

80s Shorts

"Actively working against the club"? or maybe, Actively working to achieve the career path that will make him and his family happy.

Your "stick him in the reserves" is ridiculous and would only harm the reputation of the club.

I don't blame him at all.

silva_shoelaces likes this.
  4. better dead than red

better dead than red

+1

5. cleavers

cleavers

Agreed.

And we don't really have any "reserves" to stick him in these days, all that it would do is block a place for someone with a possible future here.

6. shak

shak

I really don't see what your point is? Yes he is actively working to achieve his own career path, I'm not disputing that for one second? It just so happens that in doing so he is working against the clubs interests. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

As to harming the reputation of the club, how? Does the club really want a reputation for letting spoilt brats with little ambition constantly roll us over and get their pathetic loan moves to third rate leagues while we pay their wages and receive no transfer fees? Happened with Roberts last year and probably again this year, almost certainly going to happen with Denayer now as well. Is that a reputation we want?

7. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

Agreed but only if they pay us a fee that we will accept.

8. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

He wasn't the one who broke the deal, City were.

We treated him abominably & yes, if we punish him for trying to further his career afer shitting on his head previously, then it's bad for our reputation.

If we don't think a club has bid high enough, we have no obligation to accept a bid, & we can hold him to his shitty, dishonourable, contract if we want, but any kind of nonsense about him being a spoilt brat is utter shite.

He did nothing at alll wrong, played well, boosted his reputation including at international level and we conned the kid into signing a deal which has done fuck all for his career other than damage it.

City imo should do the honourable thing & release him for a reasonable fee, from the contract they swindled him on. He is not an academy product, we did fuck all for him other than interfere in his development.

We are not scousers so we should not behave like it.

Shads and karen7 like this.
  9. 80s Shorts

80s Shorts

That's so far off the mark it ridiculous. Nice to see somebody else has pointed out why. I couldn't be arsed with you.

10. greasedupdeafguy

greasedupdeafguy

Because he doesnt want play in the championship?