Denayer(signed for Lyon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you're wrong about how the home grown bit works.

His birthday is 28/06/95 which means he was already 18 when he joined on 01/07/13. They have to have been here for at least three years before the age of 21 so he missed out by just a few days. The foreign loans still count unless someone more knowledgeable knows better?

That would be great news!

When City goes on signing young players before they are 18, send them on loan,
all of them will come back after 3 years as 'home grown' without putting a foot on City's training pitch.

Remains the question, will they be club-trained then or just English/Walsh academy-trained? :-p :-p :-p

After some years we'll have a 90% home grown squad, funny innit?
When every PL club will do the same I wonder what's the benefit for the England team. That's what Fa wants? Really?

On Denayer's missing 3 days:
1) to take a disadvantage of earlier birth out of the equation, FIFA rules say:

"between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15)
and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)"

You certainly can replace 15 by any other age under 19 to be consistent within the rule.

2) "irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire season"

A season is defined from the first to the last competitive match of the relevant championship.
IF loans would count, Denayer filled the rule by being registered for City 2013/14, 2014/15 (Celtic) and 2015/16 (Gala).

FIFA also states a basic rule that any player can only be registered for ONE club at a time.
That means during a loan the player is registered for the loan club to be available to play.

Not being marked as home grown by PL/FA although being under City contract for 3 entire season means:
loans do not count as home (club or academy), because they are not at home.

That would be great news!

When City goes on signing young players before they are 18, send them on loan,
all of them will come back after 3 years as 'home grown' without putting a foot on City's training pitch.

Remains the question, will they be club-trained then or just English/Walsh academy-trained? :-p :-p :-p

After some years we'll have a 90% home grown squad, funny innit?
When every PL club will do the same I wonder what's the benefit for the England team. That's what Fa wants? Really?

On Denayer's missing 3 days:
1) to take a disadvantage of earlier birth out of the equation, FIFA rules say:

"between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15)
and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)"

You certainly can replace 15 by any other age under 19 to be consistent within the rule.

2) "irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire season"

A season is defined from the first to the last competitive match of the relevant championship.
IF loans would count, Denayer filled the rule by being registered for City 2013/14, 2014/15 (Celtic) and 2015/16 (Gala).

FIFA also states a basic rule that any player can only be registered for ONE club at a time.
That means during a loan the player is registered for the loan club to be available to play.

Not being marked as home grown by PL/FA although being under City contract for 3 entire season means:
loans do not count as home (club or academy), because they are not at home.
Dyke wants to reduce the 21yo limit to 18 BTW, they'll be club trained for us and AT for other English clubs (Gael Clichy style).

Don't think so as you quoted the answer yourself I think

between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15)
and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)

He turned 21 before the season started, not during it.

We still hold the registration of a player on loan I believe so they would still be HG.

Dyke wants to reduce the 21yo limit to 18 BTW, they'll be club trained for us and AT for other English clubs (Gael Clichy style).

Don't think so as you quoted the answer yourself I think

We still hold the registration of a player on loan I believe so they would still be HG.
No one seems to know the answer to whether loans count towards HG/CT. The whole thing is a UEFA/EU load of nonsense. Eric Dier Portuguese, Fibreglass & Cliche English. Who else could think up a shambles like that?

I know. But he did have 3 entire seasons before turning 21, mate.
But even that doesn't matter as 2 from those 3 seasons were on foreign loan - which don't count.

I don't talk bull, mate. I've studied the stuff and now it's your job I guess ;-)

In case you believe City has to stick to FIFA rules, just read Article 5.2 about player registration:
https://resources.fifa.com/image/up...2018-2925437.pdf?cloudid=c83ynehmkp62h5vgwg9g
"A player may only be registered with one club at a time."
That sentence doesn't leave much space for interpretation.

Also read 5.9 about ITC and 5.10 about loan.

The rules are very clear:
after the ITC has been sent to the foreign association the player is NOT registered anymore for the parent club (where he still has a permanent contract).
No doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.