Denis Law and the Backheel - the Facts & Evidence

I remember the most trouble I saw that day was around white city kicking off all over the place.
I was sweet 16 and when the rags first started their invasion I was half over the wall to go meet them an older City fan grabbed me dragged me back and told me to fuck off home.
I wore my scarf on the way in but had it hid around my waist on the way out.

I wasn't that stupid

I was in the Scoreboard End for that match and if there was any segregation it certainly wasn’t very effective.

I am not sure if total segregation was even possible on that stand. I was in the right hand side of the stand and it was mostly City supporters but there were a few United fans sprinkled about but not looking for trouble.

I didn’t hang around after the match ended and avoided any trouble inside the ground. I did have my scarf nicked at Warwick Road station after the match.

It's strange so few blues turned out that day. At the FA cup tie in 1970 which we lost 3 0 by all accounts United came to the scoreboard end looking for trouble and were smacked senseless . Chased down Chester Rd back to town. Heard this from many sources. Any blues even older than me remember that day.
I wasnt at that game but was at the one in March 1970 City fans all over town before and after the game Thousands all marched to town together after the games without a rag in site The pitch was a disgrace no wonder it called the Swamp

I had tickets in their main stand with my mates from Denton

There were hundreds of City fans around us taking the piss out of seething rags.

There were a few short punch ups but nothing serious.

It seemed like the whole stand was up celebrating when Law scored.

A lot of City's lads had agreed to meet up after the game at White City opposite Quicks.

There was plenty going on twixt big groups but City were very tight and together with some very handy lads.

There was a big set to outside Trafford Bar Station when the rags got leathered by a mob from around Brookes Bar.

My late father led a conga around Crown Point and through the pubs on Manchester Road.

He hated rags !!

I was 12, went with me Dad, Uncle and Grandad. We were in the Scoreboard Paddock.

When Law back healed to make it 1-0, a rag pulls out a bayonet and starts swinging around screaming: "kill the bastards."

We didn't hang around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.