Denis Suarez

We can argue that he should have been given more chances in the first team under Mancini but he wasn't consistently standing out at EDS level. Clearly a talent, he often seemed frustrated with both his own and other players performances and would throw his arms in embitterment. He needed to raise his performance to be considered and certainly show a greater team ethic too from my own observations at the games.

oldius said:
We can argue that he should have been given more chances in the first team under Mancini but he wasn't consistently standing out at EDS level. Clearly a talent, he often seemed frustrated with both his own and other players performances and would throw his arms in embitterment. He needed to raise his performance to be considered and certainly show a greater team ethic too from my own observations at the games.

I agree entirely. But another thing is, that although he had some talent, he just wasn't as good as these lads are now in any respect. Added to that, when he did get a chance in the first team, firstly v Villa, then in a pre season tournament, he didn't show any great ability or even desire. The pre season tournament was probably the killer. He was hopeless. If he'd shown anything there, I think City would have made a big effort to get him fully signed up. To me he's a 'have a career' player, not a City player.

If you look at the other Iberian kids brought into the club, they all have the same fight, desire and fantastic attitude, they are generally midgets, but they are hard little bastards. Suarez didn't have that, so I'm not surprised they didn't mind him leaving. When you look at the attitude of Lopes, Angelino, Maffeo and Garcia, you can see that the people in charge are now a lot more concerned by getting the right attitude, not just talent.

BigOscar said:
If you look at the other Iberian kids brought into the club, they all have the same fight, desire and fantastic attitude, they are generally midgets, but they are hard little bastards. Suarez didn't have that, so I'm not surprised they didn't mind him leaving. When you look at the attitude of Lopes, Angelino, Maffeo and Garcia, you can see that the people in charge are now a lot more concerned by getting the right attitude, not just talent.

I suppose there's an element of luck in that when you sign a young kid though. You can maybe think the kid will have it but then he turns out different.

Neville Kneville said:
BigOscar said:

I suppose there's an element of luck in that when you sign a young kid though. You can maybe think the kid will have it but then he turns out different.
True, but if you get people with the right character, you'll improve your chances of getting it right. (but it will still be somewhat of a lottery)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.