Denmark v Belgium | Euro 2020 Group Stage

MCFC1993

Denmark v Belgium

Thursday 17th June 2021

Kicks off at 17:00 (BST) at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen, Denmark. Capacity at 67%, approximately 25,000.

Coverage begins at 16:30 (BST) on ITV 1, presented by Mark Pougatch, analysis from Ashley Cole, Nadia Nadim and Graeme Souness. Commentary from Crimson Clive (not giving him the benefit of the doubt after the Germany-France fiasco) and Ally McCoist.

Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (NED)

1623871861444.png

DENMARK

I’m about to start writing this and I’m not sure what to say. I don’t know how Denmark will be able to get themselves up for this after what happened. I’m not sure what frame of mind they’re in but it can’t be one solely thinking about football. I imagine they’ll have all been talking to Eriksen, checking up on him. I’m just glad he appears to be okay, credit to the medical staff that amazingly saved his life.

I don’t know what to write that’s football related, so just good luck to them.

Starting XI v Finland:
1623872014172.png

BELGIUM
I imagine this might be a bit strange for them too. Along with Italy, probably the most impressive team in the first round of fixtures. They put Russia away with ease, granted they were given a couple of goals but Lukaku was brilliant, the 2nd goal in particular was a great run and finish on the weaker foot. He leads the golden boot alongside Ronaldo. Not sure I’d risk Kev yet if I was them, he’s back training but why rush him back if you can rest him a bit longer? That said Martinez isn’t known for that sort of approach. Castagne is a loss for them, ruled out of the rest of the tournament.

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Romelu Lukaku (Inter Milan) – 2
Thomas Muenier (Borussia Dortmund) - 1

Starting XI v Russia:
1623872031557.png

See opening match thread for full squads of each team.

Last edited:
Belgium intend to kick the ball out of play in the 10th minute of their game with Denmark to take part in a minute's applause for Christian Eriksen

Ffs just do it before the game starts and get on with it.

Bit weird to do it during the game like that. They could quite easily give him a clap before the game and play on. But if it helps the Danish players and fans then I wont argue with it. I doubt Eriksen would want them to do it either though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.