Dental Hygienist Advice Needed

denislawsbackheel

Team supported
We went to Rotherham…
First time in my life I went to a dental hygienist on Wednesday.

She said I had a load of stuff under the gum line and had a go getting rid.

Thing is I am now in agony. Can't bite on one side, can't eat anything with any tooth resistance. Rubbing gums with Sensodyne and loaded up with painkillers aint really helping.

Is this discomfort normal after a dental hygienist trip?

Jesus mate I'm in exactly the same position at this moment in time,I await the responses,although I fear there will be some fucking bad ones

Got some Orajel extra strength which seems to be working ok,like an anasthetic it is

I went to the dentist last week with a hole in my tooth...no pain unless I got some food in it...since a week last wednesday I have been back three times and the pain I suffered last weekend was like nothing i've ever felt in my life

When the dentist 'cleaned and descaled my teeth he left the gums exposed which has now caused an infection resulting in an abcess

Utterly ridiculous...only needed a filling initially

I'm now on Antibiotics trying to fight it...thankfully the pain has subsided somewhat

denislawsbackheel said:
First time in my life I went to a dental hygienist on Wednesday.

She said I had a load of stuff under the gum line and had a go getting rid.

Thing is I am now in agony. Can't bite on one side, can't eat anything with any tooth resistance. Rubbing gums with Sensodyne and loaded up with painkillers aint really helping.

Is this discomfort normal after a dental hygienist trip?

Definitely not normal. I go every 6 months and other than the discomfort when I'm in the chair, no lasting side effects. It could be that your gum is raw from removing the plaque or maybe you have an abcess or some other gum disease. Did you see the dentist at the same time?

saw the dentist two days earlier as a new patient. Moved dentists. She had a look, x rayed teeth. Said all fine apart from needing to see hygienist to remove plaque/tartar. So no abscess.

I'll try that gel if its available over the counter.

saw the dentist two days earlier as a new patient. Moved dentists. She had a look, x rayed teeth. Said all fine apart from needing to see hygienist to remove plaque/tartar. So no abscess.
Hygienist did say some of it was a centimetre under the gum!

denislawsbackheel said:
Hygienist did say some of it was a centimetre under the gum!

If it doesn't calm down you need to go back to the dentist. If the plaque was a centimetre under the gum removing it might have exposed a root or nerve. Not pleasant, but it won't go away on its own. All the best.

Puteulanus luna said:
I've got an abscess next to a broken tooth. Hate going the dentist though

They will only give you antibiotics now,repairing the tooth won't be done until the infection has gone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.