Depression

Struggled a lot this past year. I honestly can't remember now the last time I felt like myself. Every laugh, smile and normal moment laced with a sinking feeling at the pit of my stomach. Fed up with this country, its leaders, its toxic, hate-filled atmosphere. I fear I may no never hug my parents again, feel like I've lost a year of my life and I feel totally out of control. We all do I guess. Struggling though. I make football videos for a living, and honestly, it's very bloody hard pretending to be happy every day on camera. I'm aware I'm lucky and there are people literally risking their lives, and I admire them loads and know my situation is fine overall, but I do find it difficult. Gone from liking my job to hating it over the past year. I feel like utter shite today, and i've got *six* videos to make lol. Makes me feel queasy thinking about putting on a front and lying to myself. I know we all do it, but it's fucking tough.
lifes too short to be in a job you hate, make that bold move. Its acheiveable, you will be rewarded.

Struggled a lot this past year. I honestly can't remember now the last time I felt like myself. Every laugh, smile and normal moment laced with a sinking feeling at the pit of my stomach. Fed up with this country, its leaders, its toxic, hate-filled atmosphere. I fear I may no never hug my parents again, feel like I've lost a year of my life and I feel totally out of control. We all do I guess. Struggling though. I make football videos for a living, and honestly, it's very bloody hard pretending to be happy every day on camera. I'm aware I'm lucky and there are people literally risking their lives, and I admire them loads and know my situation is fine overall, but I do find it difficult. Gone from liking my job to hating it over the past year. I feel like utter shite today, and i've got *six* videos to make lol. Makes me feel queasy thinking about putting on a front and lying to myself. I know we all do it, but it's fucking tough.

Hopefully three months is too late and you're out of your slump but if you can't pull yourself out of it or ever feel that way again then feel free to drop me a message, even if you just feel the need to vent in the moment, chat shit to give your mind a rest or want another perspective on something.

I might not be a professional but I'm not as much of an arsehole as I come across on here and I've got a talent for making people see the positives about themselves and their lives which they've otherwise lost sight of. And I'm even better at the not so heavy stuff.

Anyway, like I said, hopefully you're doing better but the offer will always be there. No judgement whatsoever.

I would say this is the first time in my life I have struggled. Missed going to the match and my dad more than I imagined and being strong for my kids and the wife is starting to tell it’s toll. Am mentally tired with it and getting very snappy. Hope we can have a decent summer.

I would say this is the first time in my life I have struggled. Missed going to the match and my dad more than I imagined and being strong for my kids and the wife is starting to tell it’s toll. Am mentally tired with it and getting very snappy. Hope we can have a decent summer.
Obviously you should do what you think works for you, and I would never want to preach, but from my own experience the burden is lessened a lot when you stop trying to hide bad feelings from your loved ones and those around you. From your other posts it's obvious you have a lot of success in life, a high status job and so on, and in that situation it can be easy to feel like you almost shouldn't be "allowed" to feel down, but that's not how it works. Being open with others might help to take some pressure off.

Have to say, i thought i was getting better with my depression.

I'm no way near what i was like in years gone by, but since the death of my mum end of February I feel lost.

Feel alone, and then don't want to interact with anyone when it happens.

used to get excited about having the kids with me at weekend, now I feel like i need them more just to keep my head in place.

Only thing i am enjoying atm is going out running.

I’ve not posted for a long time due to my anxiety and depression,in fact only just started logging back on.

Furloughed for the third time, sat in the house for virtually 4 months with catastrophic thoughts whirling around my head.

Others had had a worse time of it but you can only deal with what you’ve been dealt with.

Back on medication and having counselling. No alcohol or caffeine, trying to eat healthy, sleep well (this can be difficult), exercise regularly and stay positive.

Fantastic that there’s thread where you can say exactly how you feel. Mental health is finally being taken seriously.

Not looking for sympathy in any shape or form

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.