Depression

Lads/Lasses...dont be afraid to take medication your Dr prescribes....you take painkillers for other "physical" pain, because they work....same can be said of anti-depressants....they just work differently. You dont take 2 and everything is ok....they help balance you, to get you on an even keel so to speak...and that takes time...which is why you shouldnt just stop them either.

If they work, its a good thing....dont be afraid/ashamed to take them.

You are one of my fave posters because we both love City, The Pink and a great taste in music!
Whilst not being as low as how you feel now, I spent a life time trying to save the planet, campaigning against this, that and the other.
Now aged 58 I don't watch the news. I have Talk Sport on in the car and their main headlines is usually "Danny Murphy says...." So I miss.nothing.
I live oblivious to anything going on in politics and yes that may sound defeatist but I am so much happier inside.
I work 5 days a week and spend the weekend crashed out on a beach on the Gulf of Mexico. A lazy sunbather.
Our life here is so short and I wasted so many years trying to change things and nothing changes.......
The more things change, the more they stay the same...
Just being is wonderful.

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, but does anyone have any experience with Attachment Disorder in children?
Try Googling ‘Attachment Disorder’ with ‘Forum’. I just gave it a go and found this:

One of the contributors to the thread provides an additional link that looks useful.

Had the cloud few days now. I know or have rough idea what triggered it. Think lifted today though. My partner's brother arrived from Boston last night and first time home since 2019. Went round to her parents to visit, had takeaway, few beers and a laugh. Think that's what I needed. World suicide prevention day today. I've lost quite a few good friends to suicide anyone needs a chat feel free to message me or speak to someone please please, help is out there for everyone. Stay safe take care or yourself and each other

Okay, over the weekend I went through a massive downturn from threat to my financial stability and I was on the 'fuck it' train to oblivion.

Of course, I'm here writing, but I took a couple of weeks off work to try and sort my head out.

Today, as I'm just perusing YT, I meet Wim Hof for the second time, but it's a very different vid to the first one I saw. I didn't know he'd gone through a deep depression through his wife's suicide, but he's pretty famous for having dealt with it with no medication.

Two techniques; breathing methods and cold showers.

Breathing (excerpt from the much longer and interesting podcast I saw):

I can attest to the sensations felt from the breathing technique and I held my breath for 2 mins before the auto fight to breathe came. My hands are still warm 90 mins after I felt sensations though my fingers!

I haven't done this one yet, but I will be doing every morning from my time off.

If anybody else tries this (what's the harm?), let me know how you feel from one or the other (I will be combining the two). It's supposed to take a few days to get used to it all!

Good luck!

Okay, over the weekend I went through a massive downturn from threat to my financial stability and I was on the 'fuck it' train to oblivion.

Of course, I'm here writing, but I took a couple of weeks off work to try and sort my head out.

Today, as I'm just perusing YT, I meet Wim Hof for the second time, but it's a very different vid to the first one I saw. I didn't know he'd gone through a deep depression through his wife's suicide, but he's pretty famous for having dealt with it with no medication.

Two techniques; breathing methods and cold showers.

Breathing (excerpt from the much longer and interesting podcast I saw):

I can attest to the sensations felt from the breathing technique and I held my breath for 2 mins before the auto fight to breathe came. My hands are still warm 90 mins after I felt sensations though my fingers!

I haven't done this one yet, but I will be doing every morning from my time off.

If anybody else tries this (what's the harm?), let me know how you feel from one or the other (I will be combining the two). It's supposed to take a few days to get used to it all!

Good luck!

Both seem a tad extreme but I wouldn’t discount them. Whatever reminds you your alive sometimes.

Not planning on the breathing but did go through a spell of cold showers every day, not mood related but alertness was a possible side benefit. I thought if I started them during the summer I’d be acclimatised by autumn but not worked out like that. Good luck if you stick at it

Both seem a tad extreme but I wouldn’t discount them. Whatever reminds you your alive sometimes.

Not planning on the breathing but did go through a spell of cold showers every day, not mood related but alertness was a possible side benefit. I thought if I started them during the summer I’d be acclimatised by autumn but not worked out like that. Good luck if you stick at it

I used to cold shower and I forgot about the intensity of it all. I forgot that after a bit the cold didn't bother me. It opens your lungs, so I could see where the breathing activity fits in.

You should try the breathing, just the once(not in the shower), but don't give in to the panic, which only happens when you think about it. Otherwise I was enamoured with the light feeling in the brain and wondered if that was what it was like to feel high!

I'll be doing it all from tomorrow!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.