Derby County - Rooney leaves with immediate effect (p69)

Torquay United vs Derby County on ITV .FA Cup 1st round.
Derby are another East Midlands club with no sponsors on their shirts .
(Along with Nottingham Forest).
I know times are hard at the moment,but there must be a few companies in that area that want to see their name
on the shirts of these long established and famous football clubs.
Rolls -Royce aero engines immediately comes to mind !!
Derby County players have NSPCC across the front of their shirts tonight.
I don't think that a charity like the NSPCC could afford to sponsor Derby for an FA Cup game, so maybe Derby are doing it as a charitable gesture ??
Update -
Just checked and Derby have gifted the NSPCC the space on their players shirts for the rest of the season.
Well done to them I say, all charities are finding it tough in these hard times, so any help/ publicity from a well known football team is a fine gesture.

Last edited:
Derby County players have NSPCC across the front of their shirts tonight.
I don't think that a charity like the NSPCC could afford to sponsor Derby for an FA Cup game, so maybe Derby are doing it as a charitable gesture ??
Update -
Just checked and Derby have gifted the NSPCC the space on their players shirts for the rest of the season.
Well done to them I say, all charities are finding it tough in these hard times, so any help/ publicity from a well known football team is a fine gesture.
Their new owner is a real football fan (and Derby) and a gentleman to boot. Highly regarded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.