Derby County - Rooney leaves with immediate effect (p69)

To be fair, if that’s your experience that’s the only opinion you can have, take as you find etc.

My “do we?” Comment was of genuine surprise as I’ve never felt any dislike towards City ever, even when we’ve played you (in the distant past admittedly) your fans have always put a smile on my face. That’s always been an opinion of mine and most Forest fans I know.

There are a few teams I do “hate” but City definitely aren’t among them, Derby aren’t either (just to get back on topic), Derby ensure that there are at least two decent games a season for us (as long as we’re in the same division) and there’s plenty of local Banter.
I was told, a few years ago, by a Forest ST holder, that Forest-Derby is the original "local derby", hence the name.

I was told, a few years ago, by a Forest ST holder, that Forest-Derby is the original "local derby", hence the name.
I had heard similar, the only difference being that it was more to do with local football matches within Derby. I don’t know how much Forest had to do with the original term, i may be wrong though :-)

Either way, until I heard that I’d never given it much thought and just assumed it was a random term. The things you find out as you grow up lol.

They are, and have been for some time, in exactly the position they were, when Cloughie had Peter Taylor arrived at the City Ground; a run-of-the-mill second tier club.

It was the genius of the two of them that turned Forest into European champions, and they’ve never been the same since.

I absolutely agree with this, it was absolute genius to do what they did.

I am also very much aware though that this was a very long time ago and has no real bearing on the club we are today.

i feel it is something the club should to be proud of but 20 years+ outside the top division is an obvious reminder of where we are and the fact that we’re obviously not going to be doing that anytime soon, if ever.

I am also very much aware though that this was a very long time ago and has no real bearing on the club we are today.

i feel it is something the club should to be proud of but 20 years+ outside the top division is an obvious reminder of where we are and the fact that we’re obviously not going to be doing that anytime soon, if ever.
Bloody Hell!

I didn’t realise it was that long.

And we thought we had it bad.

Bloody Hell!

I didn’t realise it was that long.

And we thought we had it bad.
Lol, yeah, I wish I could say time flies but it really doesn’t :-D

The last time we were actually any good in the Premier league was the 94/95 season so it’s not been a great time ;-)

Enjoy what you have while you can as you never know when any success (however small) will end

Last edited:
Lol, yeah, I wish I could say time flies but it really doesn’t :-D

The last time we were actually any good in the Premiere league was the 94/95 season so it’s not been a great time ;-)

Enjoy what you have while you can as you never know when any success (however small) will end
Exactly my thoughts on how fleeting success can be.
That's why I NEVER take a day out to Wembley for granted and I always do my best to attend every Cup Final City play in.
It was a 30 year wait from 1981 until 2011 which seemed like it was never going to end.
And I have been 10 times in the last 9 years (3 semi-finals), but the next time could be your last time.
"Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think
Enjoy yourself,while you're still in the pink"

Exactly my thoughts on how fleeting success can be.
That's why I NEVER take a day out to Wembley for granted and I always do my best to attend every Cup Final City play in.
It was a 30 year wait from 1981 until 2011 which seemed like it was never going to end.
And I have been 10 times in the last 9 years (3 semi-finals), but the next time could be your last time.
"Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think
Enjoy yourself,while you're still in the pink"

Yes, it’s mad how quickly things can change, I think in City’s case you’ve built such a solid foundation off the pitch as well as on it that you would assume that that wouldn’t happen but you just never ever know, particularly with football.

One of the things I like about City fans that I know is that you don’t seem to take any of it for granted and you’re enjoying it to the full, exactly how it should be! Otherwise, what’s the point?

It still rocks my world when Forest win, it’s just that its currently on a slightly (a lot) lower (sadly) level lol.

Yes, it’s mad how quickly things can change, I think in City’s case you’ve built such a solid foundation off the pitch as well as on it that you would assume that that wouldn’t happen but you just never ever know, particularly with football.

One of the things I like about City fans that I know is that you don’t seem to take any of it for granted and you’re enjoying it to the full, exactly how it should be! Otherwise, what’s the point?

It still rocks my world when Forest win, it’s just that its currently on a slightly (a lot) lower (sadly) level lol.
I would think that Leeds United are the most recent example of a huge fall from grace.
From an almost guaranteed top 4 spot in the PL each year and Champions League semi- final ,to relegation to the 2nd tier and then into the 3rd tier, all within the space of 5/6 years.
So yes anything can happen to almost any team, but as you say City's owner/ management have laid excellent foundations for the club to grow and prosper in the coming years.

Make sure you explain this to every Villa fan you meet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.