Derby County - Rooney leaves with immediate effect (p69)

What I didn't realise until recently is Boro wanted Martyn Waghorn in the summer of 2018, but Derby outbid them and signed him for £5m, I suppose that has stuck in Steve Gibson's throat especially as they were pipped by a point to get 6th

Obviously nothng to do with a tepid Pulis team losing 6 on the spin in March!
I didn't know that until recently either. I can understand Gibson's ire to a pount, but as you allude to, it was hardly vintage Pulis. Waghorn may or may not have scored a crucial goal for Boro rather than Derby and always "works 'aard" as Pulis likes, but it's too many ifs buts as to whether he and/orr anyone else were the difference between Derby and Boro going up. Boro just weren't good enough to get top 6 let alone go up if I recall correctly and I followed it as my son is a Derby fan. Pulis is clapped out. Too many miles on the clock, too many different club caps and raincoats.

Its opportunism on the part of Boro and Wycombe and its stopping the takeover for Derby which is not right. Derby have rightly been punished though I think it's too severe (12 points was enough) but rules are as they are. I hope they pull off a great escape.

Last edited:
I didn't know that until recently either. I can understand Gibson's ire to a pount, but as you allude to, it was hardly vintage Pulis. Waghorn may or may not have scored a crucial goal for Boro rather than Derby and always "word 'aard" as Pulis likes, but it's too many ifs buts as to whether he and/orr anyone else were the difference between Derby and Boro going up. Boro just weren't good enough to get top 6 let alone g up if I recall correctly and I followed it as my son is a Derby fan. Pulis is clapped out. Too many miles on the clock, too many different club caps and raincoats.

Its opportunism on the part of Boro and Wycombe and its stopping the takeover for Derby which is not right. Derby have rightly been punished though I think it's too severe (12 points was enough) but rules are as they are. I hope they pull off a great escape.
I don't normally have a lot of time for Derby but that's usually due to on the field as for years we have struggled against them, but I'm similar to you I hope they stay up.

Rather Reading go down who have also smashed FFP and then brazenly went out and got Drinkwater on loan from Chelsea, but are only paying about a 10th of his £100k+ wage a week.

Shows how big a club is when a club is going through a bad time the fans come out in droves to support there team.
Great support pity their team is not responding. Their rivals Birmingham took an early lead and are looking the better team. Derby will have to pull their collective socks up.

I have had a soft spot for derby since they saved my then 10 year olds tears after being axed by stoke academy by taking him on, and also living near there now their fans are a loyal and decent bunch. I just feel dirty wanting them to survive with that scum bag chav Rooney in charge. Just reading Football and gangsters. What a horrible Twat that ugly knob is

Great scenes. There’s nowt better than an important late goal.

It looked offside but it was great to see the fans going mental!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.