Derby County - Rooney leaves with immediate effect (p69)

Like a lot of people I was quite indifferent to the fate of Derby County, but the moment Shrek took over and the media started calling the club Wayne Rooney's Derby County, that's when I began to think I hope they crash and burn.
It was only to be expected, what with Gary Neville's Valencia and Ryan Giggs's Wales team.

They should have been fined for having a cow meadow of a pitch in 1977.
Big Joe making them repaint the penalty spot was a scandal.
Questions should have been asked in Parliament really!!
I think that was the game when we were following the team coach through Hazel Grove or Stockport on the way back, when Willie Donachie got off and ran in front of our car almost getting himself run over.
It wasn't a good day out.
The following season wasn't much better when we had a last minute equaliser disallowed and got a parking ticket.

Its worth remembering that Matt Busby had seriously close ties to both City and Liverpool before taking over united, so I would never hold Wayne Rooney against Derby. For me this is sad news and I'm more than a little uncomfortable with teams being docked points, even before Derby's really strange accounting with regards to player purchases has been ruled on.

Honestly why do it now ???
This by all accounts should have happened last season or the very worse the start of the season .......... EFL just an absolute shambles of an organisation
Rick Parry oversaw this in his role of EFL chief executive.

Maybe if wasn't so obsessed about spinning lies and bullshit to prosecute city this might have been prevented.

A scouser being incompetent? Who knew...

Last edited by a moderator:
There is obviously a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but the buck stops with the owners. They come across as shysters, con-men, out to bleed the fans dry. Where was the fit and proper ruling when it was needed?
Brown envelopes and back-handed payments all spring to mind.

It screams of another Wigan situation.

Makes me wonder how many other EFL clubs are in the same boat and asks questions of the leadership of the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.