Derby County - Rooney leaves with immediate effect (p69)

I've lived in a few areas in and around Derby/Notts for the past few years so know a few of their fans. Most seem decent enough tbf, hate the Utd fans who are born around there yet don't support Derby so we get on for that reason. Funniest story I heard from an older fan about Derby (not sure how true it is, maybe a few older lads can comment?)...used to hang about with the DLF they call themselves: went up to Maine Road [with them], reckoned they had a bit of a reputation, walked down in a large group then said about 5 city lads turned up, pulled out some fucking hammers or something and they ended up running off, the whole group then got picked off at some of the alleys behind the terracing.

The responsibility for the demise of DCFC is not for Rooney to burden.
The club has been owned by a string of dodgy local businessmen, each stripping the club of its resources and assets.
The club is now in a position of no return, will be relegated , suffer points deductions, dodgy takeovers and total demise.
What a great pity for a club with a large fanbase and premier league potential.
Yet it's our owners who will be called out for ruining football and even Derby fans themselves will of been sucked into the media hysteria of shouting oil club City. When what's actually wrong with football is this.

I've lived in a few areas in and around Derby/Notts for the past few years so know a few of their fans. Most seem decent enough tbf, hate the Utd fans who are born around there yet don't support Derby so we get on for that reason. Funniest story I heard from an older fan about Derby (not sure how true it is, maybe a few older lads can comment?)...used to hang about with the DLF they call themselves: went up to Maine Road [with them], reckoned they had a bit of a reputation, walked down in a large group then said about 5 city lads turned up, pulled out some fucking hammers or something and they ended up running off, the whole group then got picked off at some of the alleys behind the terracing.
had the pleasure of a night out with the dlf , many years ago ,we had stayed over night in derby for the city match and bumped into a few lads, they showed us the best pubs, a few of the younger ones wanted to show us who was the boss, but the top lads were great.

had the pleasure of a night out with the dlf , many years ago ,we had stayed over night in derby for the city match and bumped into a few lads, they showed us the best pubs, a few of the younger ones wanted to show us who was the boss, but the top lads were great.
Had a similar experience with some Port Vale lads. Always the same with the younger ones I reckon.

Sounds familiar. Some Huddersfield fan gave it the big balls to me.. Got his van turned over and hid in the cells at Platt Lane until midnight.

Derby has some absolutely tremendous hostelries

Sounds familiar. Some Huddersfield fan gave it the big balls to me.. Got his van turned over and hid in the cells at Platt Lane until midnight.
Not to hijack this thread with similar tales but had that a few years back, been giving it some mouth on way back from the game with a group of them, I was on my own, got put in some cells in Gorton after the game (because of it) and it was all city shouting from cells and this lad soon quieted up.

Not to hijack this thread with similar tales but had that a few years back, been giving it some mouth on way back from the game with a group of them, I was on my own, got put in some cells in Gorton after the game (because of it) and it was all city shouting from cells and this lad soon quieted up.
Mine was early 80s. I would never say City are this or that just normal supporters but if you want it we are game to a large degree no matter how old we are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.