Derby ticket info

The Premier League rule on away ticket allocations is 3,000 or 10% of capacity, whichever is fewer so the 10% in effect only applies to stadiums that have a capacity below 30,000. Even then, there’s a loophole that allows clubs to give fewer tickets than the rule specifies on police advice if it means segregation is potentially compromised.
That's why the rules need to change. It could lead to bigger attendances in those cases where capacity is not always taken up.

The main issue for me is how do United get away with providing just 3000 away tickets in a 75,000 capacity? It should be at least 10 per cent for all clubs (assuming the travelling club can sell them) I don't have a problem with Supporters' Clubs getting some tickets, including overseas ones. It is the size of away allocations that is the problem. As usual German football leads the way with clubs over there getting huge away allocations, cheap transport, cheap tickets etc.
Main issue is not enough tickets go to the genuine supporter hence why the same issues over allocations crop up for certain games. If overseas supporters branches want to go to away games then let them go to Brighton or Norwich etc. Same for all he hangers on and friends of friends. Season card holders have to wait for their points level to buy a ticket but plenty of 'fans' don't have to and that's just wrong.

Main issue is not enough tickets go to the genuine supporter hence why the same issues over allocations crop up for certain games. If overseas supporters branches want to go to away games then let them go to Brighton or Norwich etc. Same for all he hangers on and friends of friends. Season card holders have to wait for their points level to buy a ticket but plenty of 'fans' don't have to and that's just wrong.
I don't disagree with your point, especially about corporates, but bigger allocations would take the pressure off. Clubs should have bigger stadiums with bigger away allocations like many do in Germany. It is crazy to turn any fans' money away. Imagine how good a Derby match would be if United had an 85,000 stadium and let 10,000 away fans in or if City expanded the North Stand and let more away fans into the Etihad. There is plenty of money in the PL for infrastructure improvements and it is exempt from FFP. We used to take 10,000 fans away to places like Leeds and Nottingham in the 70s but the grounds had bigger capacities (with standing fans).

I don't disagree with your point, especially about corporates, but bigger allocations would take the pressure off. Clubs should have bigger stadiums with bigger away allocations like many do in Germany. It is crazy to turn any fans' money away. Imagine how good a Derby match would be if United had an 85,000 stadium and let 10,000 away fans in or if City expanded the North Stand and let more away fans into the Etihad. There is plenty of money in the PL for infrastructure improvements and it is exempt from FFP. We used to take 10,000 fans away to places like Leeds and Nottingham in the 70s but the grounds had bigger capacities (with standing fans).
Is it really worth expanding the stadium for two or three matches a season? If the expansion can be matched by increased season ticket sales or walk-up numbers, then go ahead. Otherwise, why spend cash to allow more Rags and Dippers in? Besides it will give more ammunition to the ‘empty seats at home’ brigade.

I am probably the wrong person to ask as I haven’t attended a match at Old Trafford since the ‘Denis Law backheel’ match.

Besides there is no guarantee that United would reciprocate and expand the crumbling rust heap to give more seats to City fans.

Strange how the club have no issue in slating the fans for games like Leipzig, yet showpiece away games have no issue in selling our allocation to any time dick or harry, I also know a supporters club member who has a ticket, he does about 2 home games a season normally, the whole thing stinks

The Premier League rule on away ticket allocations is 3,000 or 10% of capacity, whichever is fewer so the 10% in effect only applies to stadiums that have a capacity below 30,000. Even then, there’s a loophole that allows clubs to give fewer tickets than the rule specifies on police advice if it means segregation is potentially compromised.
As has been the case for about 20 years yet it still needs explaining several times a season.

Managed to get in on my points last couple of Derbies IIRC. Looks like I will Miss out this time. Main thing that seems to have changed is the absence of the random ticket ID checks that had been introduced. Anyway, come on City and I see us getting back to winning ways.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.