Derby ticket info

Most of my favourite and most memorable games at Maine Rd were with big away allocations.
The PL needs to have a strategy which moves towards a situation where supply meets demand for most matches. It should encourage clubs to increase capacities. It makes no sense to turn fans away from games. How many tickets would we sell for away games if there was a minimum allocation (if required) of say 5,000 or 6,000 and up to 8000 for the bigger grounds. A lot of tickets would go on open sale attracting new fans. We could let more tourists in who spend more on souvenirs etc. We could attract a new generation of younger fans without alienating the old gits (like me). All businesses need to grow their customer base. Leicester (in the middle of the country) could get more than 40,000 every week with 10,000 away fans. All clubs need to be more ambitious.

It would be on par if the agreed 60% of tickets had gone to season ticket holders.
When they went onsale on Wednesday at 9am there were less than 1100 seat showing for sale .
It was there for everyone to see, perhaps something for our City matters reps to take up with the club
City Matters should be asking for full breakdown on every ticket allocation. I’m on 18.2k and was never in with a shout; and rightly so, gave up the week in week out matches few years ago and have no issues with the 20k plus guys like u who’ve earned those points but how do we get transparency? I’ve no beef whatsoever with any blue getting a ticket, we all want to go to these games, and we do what we can but my gripe is with the tickets sold to people with zero interest in city. That seems to have increased a lot (and comes with the territory of success I guess).

The whole issue of away tickets ending up in the nefarious hands of the legalised tout agencies needs a thorough investigation.
I would wager most if not almost all of these come from the corporate allocation.
It shouldn’t be beyond the brains of City’s operations/ticketing/supporter services people to do test purchases of every single one of these tickets, track them back to source and banning for life all those money grabbing scumbags who sold them on. Then cancel and put them back on sale to real fans.
Simple, legally sound and what any serious organisation would do. But it would also require the bare minimum of cultural will and buy-in from management. And recent events have shown that City really don’t give a flying fuck about us ‘legacy fans’ or whether we are being ripped off, as long as the corporates are kept happy and encouraged to keep spending

The whole issue of away tickets ending up in the nefarious hands of the legalised tout agencies needs a thorough investigation.
I would wager most if not almost all of these come from the corporate allocation.
It shouldn’t be beyond the brains of City’s operations/ticketing/supporter services people to do test purchases of every single one of these tickets, track them back to source and banning for life all those money grabbing scumbags who sold them on. Then cancel and put them back on sale to real fans.
Simple, legally sound and what any serious organisation would do. But it would also require the bare minimum of cultural will and buy-in from management. And recent events have shown that City really don’t give a flying fuck about us ‘legacy fans’ or whether we are being ripped off, as long as the corporates are kept happy and encouraged to keep spending
Sadly the club wouldn't want to revoke privilege's for high paying corporate 'fans' but are happy via Pep to have a pop at or certainly offer zero support & make attending/contacting the club as hard as possible for gold S/C, members .... ultimately it all down to £££.

Ok I've got 13k or so points, went home & away before these began so am not now a high points bod but rather than put just a very small amount of tickets into a ballot for people like me which posters may agree/disagree with (my only chance of a swamp tickets are cup games), they'd rather chuck them out to zero point 'friends'.

Rank & file fans who spend little are a hindrance but, City should remember without us there wouldn't have been a club to buy in 2008.

We've won more than I could ever imagine since the takeover and for that I'll be eternally grateful but I've never felt so distanced. Without Covid I was unable to attend the game last March with would have been 50 years of attendance the majority as a S/T holder but we're intending to move home springtime, maybe not too far away, currently live 5 miles or so from the ground, if we end up 15/20 miles plus away I'll likely call it a day....this post has ended up being a bit of a moan-a-thon but I'm sure it's not just me.

60% has never been agreed, it was what we were told and certainly does not apply to big games and deciders like Brighton in 2019 when all sorts of club employees and sponsors get tickets for everyone they know. Swansea away midweek 95% to points (or no points) 5% supports clubs, OT 35% points 15% SC and 50% other. Was 60% the average of all games at that time? Possibly.

It has got worse at Old Trafford for points allocations, since 2016 it has been pretty similar with not much over a third to points it seems.
I seem to recall a while ago @Prestwich_Blue saying what the breakdown was and I am pretty sure the inference from the club was that the splits would be the same each game. However as can be seen from the the derby allocation this doesn't look to be the case if only circa 35% of tickets are going to points holders. Can't imagine that the supporter club's allocation would be increased so it has to be assumed that sponsors, hangers on, corporate big wigs etc i.e. those with little or no affiliation for the club are receiving these tickets. I wonder if part of sponsorship agreements tickets for away games for certain games are included. Why I have no idea as surely it would be easier to say you can have more for home games. I can't imagine that not including a couple of tickets for an away game is a deal breaker. We need full transparency from the club as at the moment they appear to be moving further and further away from the core support and disenfranchising many. Half price food two hours before kick off isn't going to wash with many.

I have managed to get a ticket for this but they’ve circled the Over 65 part of the ticket, I can fit my thumb over the circle but surely they won’t refuse entry or do I circle the Adult part aswell?

I have managed to get a ticket for this but they’ve circled the Over 65 part of the ticket, I can fit my thumb over the circle but surely they won’t refuse entry or do I circle the Adult part aswell?
They don't circle anything for adults. This is the one ground they are likely to check outside, as it used to be a ploy adults getting in on under 16s, and seen a city fan refused on an u16 about 2010 with no chance to upgrade it. I would try using a white marker.

How old do you look?

If they challenge you, argue the toss, say your name is Benjamin Button

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.