Derek.

m7mcfc

A quote from Ron Atkinson

"The thing that always makes me laugh when I remember these games is that our coach driver Derek - or Del Boy as we used to call him - would drive us to Maine Road and then go and sit on the City bench," Atkinson recalled.
"He was a funny man and a great laugh. He normally sat in the dug-out with me and he used to make the teas for us at half-time but he was a City fan, and was their driver too."

Anyone know him?

m7mcfc said:

"The thing that always makes me laugh when I remember these games is that our coach driver Derek - or Del Boy as we used to call him - would drive us to Maine Road and then go and sit on the City bench," Atkinson recalled.
"He was a funny man and a great laugh. He normally sat in the dug-out with me and he used to make the teas for us at half-time but he was a City fan, and was their driver too."

Anyone know him?

Derek Sutton I think was his full name, before he drove the team coach he used to drive the supporters coaches for Finglands to away games. He was certainly a bit of a character and in the days before speed limiters on coaches he was bloody quick too! IIRC he died a few years back.

I recall on a trip to Wolves in the mid 70s a Wolves fan on the top deck of a bus spat down the windscreen of Derek's coach as we got near Molineux. Derek made the bus pull over, jumped on the bus, dragged the teenager down from the top deck and gave him a shaking and slammed him against the coach. At the same time big Helen Turner was shouting "don't hit him, Derek, you'll get into trouble!", it was piss funny.

lancs blue said:
m7mcfc said:

Anyone know him?

Derek Sutton I think was his full name, before he drove the team coach he used to drive the supporters coaches for Finglands to away games. He was certainly a bit of a character and in the days before speed limiters on coaches he was bloody quick too! IIRC he died a few years back.

I recall on a trip to Wolves in the mid 70s a Wolves fan on the top deck of a bus spat down the windscreen of Derek's coach as we got near Molineux. Derek made the bus pull over, jumped on the bus, dragged the teenager down from the top deck and gave him a shaking and slammed him against the coach. At the same time big Helen Turner was shouting "don't hit him, Derek, you'll get into trouble!", it was piss funny.
I thought the punch line would have been that Derek wiped the windscreen the teenager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.