Des.

I think you're right to question him on it with the current understandings mate (of Cluster A,B,C's and Bipolar that is) and he would have a right, obviously, to clarify his thoughts now given how much it's moved on over even the last 10 years let alone 35, and I'm sure he'd pretty much come to a similar conclusion (imo).

Why were you critical of the first episode bud ? was it the just the content of the show etc itself or the actual research of the disorders and how they manifest and present ?

I just didn’t find the first episode especially compelling, though it was well-acted. But by the end of the series as a whole I was very impressed.

Why did Tennant have a broad Scottish accent and Nilsen didn't.

I think they just needed a Scottish actor to play the part of a Scot, and its probably very difficult finding one that has anything like a 'mild' Scottish accent ....... Tennant has always maintained a strong Scottish accent, despite moving to England in the nineties , and just 'toned it down' for his Doctor Who part ...... Nilsen , on the other hand, had probably lost most of his Scottish accent over the last 45 years of living or working outside of Scotland until his death two years ago.

Last edited:
I think Harry's having trouble, living without you.

Kids were telling me that Mariah Carey had the best version. When I went to play them Nilssons version I found out that it was originally written and recorded by Badfinger . Learn something new every day

Kids were telling me that Mariah Carey had the best version. When I went to play them Nilssons version I found out that it was originally written and recorded by Badfinger . Learn something new every day

To be fair BOTH versions are excellent, and personally i can't seperate them .... Nilssons effort was absolutely exceptional back in late 1971/early 72 , as a lot of music was back then .... but Mariah Carey's 1994 cover is undoubtedly a brilliant version of the song too , from the days when she was really in her prime , and her vocal range was so clearly at ease singing it.

And yes , you are right about Badfinger .... they both wrote and recorded the song in 1970, although they NEVER released it as a single, just as an album track ..... the two band members who actually wrote it , Pete Ham and Tom Evans, both later committed suicide!

And in Evans suicide case it was over a bitter dispute regarding royalties involving this very song !!!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.