Des.

It was very good.

It showed him wearing a football scarf wonder who he supported.

Didnt see the programme itself as i was out , so am not really sure if you're referring to Dennis Nilsen or David Tennant ....

But i can't find anything, anywhere, to suggest that Nilsen was ever interested in football ..... not sure what colour the scarf was , but if it was red and white , or just red, it could be a reference to Aberdeen (shire) , as he was born in that area .... or even Arsenal , as he had resided at addresses in North London .... but, i'm only guessing , who knows???

As for David Tennant himself , he's from Bathgate, West Lothian, but grew up in Paisley ... and two websites i've been on reckon he's a supporter of Hamilton Academicals ........ although another site actually has him in interview and he himself says he's NEVER been a true fan of ANY team , has only ever been to two football matches in his life ... but admitting to just 'liking' Glasgow Rangers 'by default' many years ago, simply because his grandmother was a big fan of theirs!

Last edited:
Didnt see the programme itself as i was out , so am not really sure if you're referring to Dennis Nilsen or David Tennant ....

But i can't find anything, anywhere, to suggest that Nilsen was ever interested in football ..... not sure what colour the scarf was , but if it was red and white , or just red, it could be a reference to Aberdeen (shire) , as he was born in that area .... or even Arsenal , as he had resided at addresses in North London .... but, i'm only guessing , who knows???

As for David Tennant himself , he's from West Lothian, and said to be a supporter of Hamilton Academicals.
It was navy blue and white hoops.
I don’t think it was football related at all.
Just a scarf from the 80s.

I thought it was brilliant and I'm really looking forward to tonight and Wednesday's episodes. I think Tennant can be a bit hit and miss but plays 'Des' very, very well

I'd never heard of these murders up until this programme was advertised which is a surpise given what happened

I thought Tennant was excellent but found the drama rather flat and not especially compelling. These days we know a lot more about psychopaths and they are not unfathomably complex creatures. Though some have charisma, they are usually narcissistic and lack a conscience or any ability to empathise. Those who come into their orbit have no more significance to them than an inanimate object. The last time I checked, I think it was being suggested that psychopathy was inheritable. They are born that way, in other words. Not sure if the most recent research has confirmed this.

However, in spite of being a bit underwhelmed, I will be watching again tonight and the reason for that is Brian Masters. I read his study of Nilsen (‘Killing for Company’) about 30 years ago and it has lingered in my mind ever since then.

He is an exquisitely lucid prose stylist, even when writing about the macabre. And he is still alive too. Here is a link to something he wrote for The Sun very recently. Don’t be put off by the fact that this newspaper published the article. It’s worth setting that aside just to get a sense of how Masters approached the task ahead of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.