Despite the win, there is 1 problem

ArabFan12

Our strikers' decision making infront of goal.

Tevez and Balo are not striking partners. I hate it when I see that a striker is though to the goal, and a simple sqauring of the ball to a partner would be much more probable then have a go at the keeper and they still do it.

It happened yesterday with Carlos does it ALOT, Balo did it once. Zabba also did it when he delayed the squaring of the ball.

Against Stoke, Jo was always on his own for a simple tap in, which Balo ignored.

I think the reason we haven't been scoring goals is that a) it seems our strikers don't like (trust) each other at times or prefer to go on their than a simple tap in. b) the emphasis is always on Tevez.

There were a few times when balo was free and Silva would delay the cross just to hit Tevez for the shot.

Solution: Make better decisions infront of goal and always look up for the square ball option.

It will come with time. Balo and Carlos have played about 400 minutes of football together. And up until now Tevez has been of the mentality that if he doesn't score, we don't score. Always having someone there is probably something of a luxury for him.

ArabFan12 said:
Our strikers' decision making infront of goal.

Tevez and Balo are not striking partners. I hate it when I see that a striker is though to the goal, and a simple sqauring of the ball to a partner would be much more probable then have a go at the keeper and they still do it.

It happened yesterday with Carlos does it ALOT, Balo did it once. Zabba also did it when he delayed the squaring of the ball.

Against Stoke, Jo was always on his own for a simple tap in, which Balo ignored.

I think the reason we haven't been scoring goals is that a) it seems our strikers don't like (trust) each other at times or prefer to go on their than a simple tap in. b) the emphasis is always on Tevez.

There were a few times when balo was free and Silva would delay the cross just to hit Tevez for the shot.

Solution: Make better decisions infront of goal and always look up for the square ball option.
it looks a bit different from pitch level,without the benefit of an aerial view,and at top speed.We would have scored many more if the players were perfect.I agree it could be improved,it's just not that simple

Time is crucial for sure. But there is no doubt, someone has to tell them about these things.

They can play as much as they like together but if no one points it out then they will be doing the same thing again and again.

This isn't a dig its just a point to make us much better for the future.

simonk said:
just a little more time together and this will come

Somethin' of which Roberto is well-aware. Mentions it often in Ballo's case - but if yer 'ave two strikers of their calibre, they never get the goals they score by an 'after you, Claude' mentality. Top strikers have an innate belief in their own prowess and always think they can walk on water. Wednesday saw Balo have the shot when Jo was wide open, unmarked by the far post.

I think the biggest problem at the moment is not the decisions to shoot instead of pass, or vice versa - I am a little anxious about the number of decent chances on goal that go begging as a result of an indifferent attempt. We have to give goalies some credit for getting their angles right but we always seem to be aiming for the middle of the goal. Robinho, God bless him, Elano, and Annelka always seem to go for the yard inside the post shot. Carlos has had a 'snatch' at a good few. He would have another five or six with just a little more composure. Good goal yesterday and nicely inside the post.

some partnerships click straight away, some take a while. ade and tevez clicked straight away, but balo needs to adjust to the prem aswell as city.

they will be the business sooner or later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.