Development Association

BrianW

Team supported
There's Only One City
I have been selling scratch cards for City's Development Association for many years. This week I got a letter from City to say the Development Association is being wound up and last night my agent came around to collect the last lot of cards/money.

I understand these scratch cards have been making money, and I don't really know why the Club has scrapped them, as even a small profit still adds to overall turnover. But anyway, it's a straw in the wind, and I can only think the money being raised is so relatively trivial in these days of megabucks that the powers-that-be can't be bothered with it. Anyway, an interesting sign of the way things are going.

I'm not really surprised by this decision, even selling to City fans I bet you'd get a few reactions along the lines of "the richest club in the world needs to sell scratch cards??"

I hope you got thanked for the support you've given them through your involvement.

BrianW said:
I have been selling scratch cards for City's Development Association for many years. This week I got a letter from City to say the Development Association is being wound up and last night my agent came around to collect the last lot of cards/money.

I understand these scratch cards have been making money, and I don't really know why the Club has scrapped them, as even a small profit still adds to overall turnover. But anyway, it's a straw in the wind, and I can only think the money being raised is so relatively trivial in these days of megabucks that the powers-that-be can't be bothered with it. Anyway, an interesting sign of the way things are going.

They could continue to use them as charity scratch cards then the fans could contribute to the great work the club are doing in and around the area. It would also give the club and the fans extra kudos. City are, and always have been, a team and a club that has always remembered it's roots (in Manchester btw rags) and I feel this would be a continuation of that great tradition.tradition.

Just a thought, CTID

I'm in the 250 club and I must admit I was wondering whether that was going to finish. Bearing in mind there are only 250 members at 120 per year and half the proceeds in prizes and half towards the academy, it doesn't seem a lot really. I hope it carries on though because its a nice little windfall if you win, and the odds are pretty good really too, I've won a few times. That said "Players pool" seems to be a regular recipient of the prizes....

strongbowholic said:
I hope you got thanked for the support you've given them through your involvement.

Absolutely nothing, my mum has sold them for 30yrs and raised £1000's for the club. In that time I recall 1 or 2 complimentary tickets but thats it, obv I understand why its been stopped but I think the lack of appreciation is shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.