Devon and Cornwall

Sparkys-Army said:
This is where i live, and is a fantastic holiday visit.
[bigimg]http://www.sidmouthhospiscare.org.uk/ESW/Images/sidmouth_front.jpg[/bigimg]

Some nutters at the festival in Sidmouth.
[bigimg]http://www.efestivals.co.uk/photos/sidmouth/2008/Around_The_Site4-Sidmouth2008-EM41.jpg[/bigimg]

Looks lovely

Am only the only person that doesn't like this part of the world!?! I have to spend a lot of time down there and it's full to bursting point with plastic scousers and rags. I love going to concerts and there's bugger all venues down there. Boozers down there are not a patch on the pubs up here, booze tends to be more expensive.

It's a pain in the arse to get to and to travel back to Manchester for the games is a right pain in the arse. The wit and response time in general of the locals is so feckin slow you may as well be having a conversation with yourself.

I can't think of one thing that Cornwall or Devon has over the North West of England.

Citysmith said:
Am only the only person that doesn't like this part of the world!?! I have to spend a lot of time down there and it's full to bursting point with plastic scousers and rags. I love going to concerts and there's bugger all venues down there. Boozers down there are not a patch on the pubs up here, booze tends to be more expensive.

It's a pain in the arse to get to and to travel back to Manchester for the games is a right pain in the arse. The wit and response time in general of the locals is so feckin slow you may as well be having a conversation with yourself.

I can't think of one thing that Cornwall or Devon has over the North West of England.

Apart from the beaches, temperature, clean air, cream teas, surfing, ice cream and scrotes i'm with you all the way....

I'm open to persuasion stonerblue and the wife wants us all to move there yesterday. I hate the sea and in my life time won't get back in it so that tends to cut out water sports, tempetures are marginal, clean air does exist in the North West, Cream teas (c'mon pal), Ice Cream (I'm older than 5), I don't live in a scroate environment now.

If you can point me towards concert venue that hold concerts like on my doorstep that the Apollo, 3 diiferent academies, MEN etc... I would be grateful. I love gigs and used to do at least one a week, I've cut that down to one every month or so.

My other big hobby has been following the footy and it's well over 600 mile trip from where the wife likes and that's a hell of a lot of driving to do on your own. I like the boozer in Manchester City centre and have found nothing like that down there, if you know of any I'd be eternally grateful. As I've said if I these things exist down there it might make life down there happier.

pauldominic said:
Pigeonho said:
Would love to be going down there again this summer. That cove looks beautiful.

Portmadhog is equally good and closer ...
Is that N.Wales? My mate has a caravan on Harlech and said I can use that for a week if I fancied a week away with the kids. N.Wales appeals to me about as much as acid in my face if i'm honest. Am I wrong?

stonerblue said:
Citysmith said:

Apart from the beaches, temperature, clean air, cream teas, surfing, ice cream and scrotes i'm with you all the way....

Don't forget the scenery Reg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.