Diabetiese

Mr Ed (The Stables)

Just been diagnosed with this condition "Type 2".

Put on medication by the Doc "Metformin" once a day for a week, then twice a day for a week, and in the third week three times a day.

I just wondered if any bluemooners are in this club that I joined last Monday, and how it has affected your day to day living.

I've already tried to eat more healthy. Any advice will be greatly appreciated I'm a novice at this lark and to be honest with you all still a little bit in shock.

Cheers

I don't know any diabetics mate so I'm clueless. There must be a few on here though that's either got it or knows about it. Wish you good health.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:

Put on medication by the Doc "Metformin" once a day for a week, then twice a day for a week, and in the third week three times a day.

I just wondered if any bluemooners are in this club that I joined last Monday, and how it has affected your day to day living.

I've already tried to eat more healthy. Any advice will be greatly appreciated I'm a novice at this lark and to be honest with you all still a little bit in shock.

Cheers
Just keep trying to eat healthily. I have had it (type2) for about 6 years now & I'm still going strong. It barely affects me day to day, although I'm not on medication, I control it with diet. Make sure you attend for your check ups, watch your feet, any numbness or tingling in feet go straight to docs. Other than that just try to live a normal life.

Plenty of foods with a low GI/GL to keep your blood sugar stable.

Many find eating smaller meals more frequently a better way of controlling the condition.

Start with a breakfast comprising of whole grains - Weetabix/shredded wheat - sugar/salt free muesli - low fat yogurt and berries - real porridge,not this instant microwave nonsense - poached/scrambled egg on rye toast

Then try and eat lean meats/oily fish,beans,pulses,nuts and plenty of greens/veg throughout the rest of the day.Plenty of water and cut back on the caffeine as this can very quickly cause insulin spikes.

My mrs was diagnosed, refused to take the drugs so she researched for about 24 hours straight and found a "diet", shakes and 1 meal of veg and chicken at night. She lost 4 stone and now had a steady blood sugar of around 5.5-6.0mmol. She tests herself every few days but really there's no point.

Lots of doctors suggest diabetes is for life but if you research and research there are some doctors around the world that don't believe this is the case and firmly believe that for some, it can be reversed. Any more info just drop me a PM mate, good luck with it, it's not that much of a life changer, just keep on top of your blood, and learn what how you feel.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, and so went thru the entire house and chucked out anything that had what seemed to me to be too much sugar (about 5% I guess).

After a year or two, the docs decided to tell me they thought they had misdiagnosed me - had they fuck!! I stuck to a very low sugar diet which meant they thought I was cured, but surely not all by myself!

I have slipped over the last few years, but am still in the acceptable blood sugar range - my advice, do what I did, and keep at it :)

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:

Cheers

i was diagnosed about 8 years ago and put on metformin (glucophage), simvastatin and aspirin daily.

After about 2 years of healthier eating, i went for one of my usualy 6monthly blood tests at the docs. I was told that i no longer have type 2, however i still monitor my blood/sugar levels and find some days i'm still borderline

I thought I was the only person misdiagnosed as diabetic. Spent 6 months skimping on chocolate before the good news.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.