Dianne Oxberry RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Silvercloud, 11 Jan 2019.

1. ArdwickAlbert

ArdwickAlbert

I really liked her self-effacing style. Remember her talking about somewhere, the Wirral maybe, and said it’s flat and posh. And then followed it with, “a bit like me”. RIP

2. Bluemanc100

Bluemanc100

Then I hope there is a cure found ..... the impact of this vile disease is overwhelming

3. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

So sad. A beautiful lady who oozed class and seemed a genuinely nice person.

Thoughts with her young family.

Sad I missed north west tonight.

4. lefty goldblatt

lefty goldblatt

It'll be available on the i-player

5. scousemanc

scousemanc

It's really sad. You don't actually know her but when someone is on your TV every evening you feel you do.

6. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Very sad news. She seems to have been around for ever but only 51. Whenever she was on she seemed so bubbly and nice that I just watched her & had no idea what the weather was going to be like.

scousemanc and worsleyweb like this.
  7. Stretch

Stretch

I didn't know about this until I got home and put the BBC 6 o'clock news on. I was shocked to my core. Anybody who watched North west tonight and wasn't moved is not a human being. I remember her from The 8.15 from Manchester when I was a teenager and I always had a soft spot for her. RIP.

8. Withnail

Withnail

Complety shocked and very saddened when I heard the news this morning. RIP Diane

9. nmc

nmc

Really liked her - really awful news. God bless to her and condolences to her family and loved ones.

10. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

This is what i said to my wife earlier. It’s always sad when someone young dies but when it is someone really famous like Amy Winehouse or George Michael, you feel like you don’t know them at all. With her, because she has been on our local news for 20 odd years, you actually feel like you know her.