Diarra and Santa Cruz

shaundickov

Everyone seems to assume that these two will be at City in January.

To assume makes an ass out of u and me, so can somebody please tell me what this is based on?

The latest I've heard is Diarra linked to Real Madrid and Santa Cruz linked to the rags, so why are people assuming they will be with us in Jan -

Where is the evidence? Quite frankly I've heard more evidence of Kaka joining in Jan.

There is no evidence, people assume these two to be true because Diarra has been linked with us in the press and is exactly the type of player we need in our midfield at the moment and Blackburn have admitted that it will be extremely hard for them to keep hold of Santa Cruz and Hughes brought him to England in the first place so he is obviously a fan. That is all. Don't tell me, you are one of those people that thinks just because they are not in the elite of world superstars we shouldn't even consider them? Forget the team eh, we want Maradona and Pele out of retirement......!

EDIT - What evidence do you have that Kaka is about to joint us? Because he missed a training session with Milan due to injury? LOL.

shaundickov said:
Everyone seems to assume that these two will be at City in January.

To assume makes an ass out of u and me, so can somebody please tell me what this is based on?

The latest I've heard is Diarra linked to Real Madrid and Santa Cruz linked to the rags, so why are people assuming they will be with us in Jan -

Where is the evidence? Quite frankly I've heard more evidence of Kaka joining in Jan.

Jamie Redknapp said on sky sports Diarra to Man City is nailed on last week. We did bid 15m on last day of Window but was rejected due to them not having time to get a replacement, Harry Redknapp also said this weeks ago.

RSC- we bid in August, Hughes is intrested in strikers and he tops the bill and has said he wants to leave blackburn.

the press are still saying that these are certain signing even today

and in the past a few of the genuine poster with inside info has said the same

The club are after players double quick so we'll hopefully see new signings very early in January..... so on that basis there are deal which have already been completed or are very close to being completed

If either of them don't sign, will all the people who have made posts assuming they are done deals be banned come February?

Diarra is ours in my opinion. The press are just speculating again because nothing has been announced. It is not in our best interest a few weeks before the january transfer window to be unsettling an already demoralized squad that we already have their replacements lined up.

Diarra throws up a doubt over either Dunne or Richards place, or Elano/Vassell.

The later not being as important, but signing Diarra could mean moving kompany to defense which is, in my opinion where he should be playing.

It seems pretty clear to me that Santa Cruz feels Blackburn are going nowhere , he just doesn't look that intersted in being there anymore , and he's also said to be 'excited' to hear of Citys alleged interest ..... and Hughes admitted that City WERE interested in him a few months back ... whether they still are or not remains to be seen.

Either way it looks like he has some type of release clause built into his contract , which if activated will cost us £18 million to sign him ..... which some feel is too high a price as Blackburn paid less than £4 million for him in the first place , plus his goal ratio has suffered this season , probably due to David Bentleys transfer as much as anythin' else as he provided a lot of Santa Cruz's service.

As for Diarra ...... he's personally said nothing about wanting to leave Portsmouth from what i've seen , but as things appear to be a bit fragile down there since Harry's departure he's being linked with the likes of City and Spurs ....... they don't look good without him as Sundays result proved , so they may be loathe to let him go .

It would appear that Santa Cruz wouldn't take much talking into coming to City , if at all , and the players apparent willingness to seriously consider City is a big plus , especially as Blackburn appear to have a dislike of City ....... whereas Diarra says little and is probably quite happy to stay down there , unless of course his club decide that they need the money ....... money will probably talk with these two players , should we really be in the hunt for them , but as you say there's nothing definite ... and City being City don't be suprised if either player even gets a look in come January!

The only possible 'pointer' that we've got is that Al-Fayim was said to be disappointed with the quality of players on Hughes wish-list , he wanted higher profile imports coming into the club ....... that COULD and probably DOES suggest that these type of players are indeed in Hughes's mind.

Is it true or was it just a rumour that ADUG sat down with Hughes and asked him to name the best player in the world in every position?

If that's true, I really think we are about to see a repeat of transfer deadline day in January, launching insane bids for world superstars. The laws of probability say we'll sign one or two.

Personally I thinks Diarra and Santa Cruz would be great signings that would take us up a notch add a few more great squad players and we could be onto a winner!!!

I could realistically see a team line up of this:

HART

ZABALETA RICHARDS KOMPANY BRIDGE

SWP DIARRA IRELAND BARRY

SANTA CRUZ ROBINHO

shaundickov said:
Is it true or was it just a rumour that ADUG sat down with Hughes and asked him to name the best player in the world in every position?

If that's true, I really think we are about to see a repeat of transfer deadline day in January, launching insane bids for world superstars. The laws of probability say we'll sign one or two.

Some of the things you hear are a bit silly really. Within 10 years I dare say there will be numerous clubs with big money backers forcing FIFA to introduce a law saying how much teams can spend in a season and how much wages they can pay. I honestly think we are headed that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.