Did New Order write the most infectious songs ever?

That new single is pretty pedestrian. Absolutely loved them back in the day, but to be honest, they could’ve packed it in after Technique and definitely should’ve after Republic.

Get Ready is really good — a lot more guitar — and there is strong stuff on WFTSC and Music Complete too though they’re both a little more uneven. And Here To Stay is a great single.

Get Ready is really good — a lot more guitar — and there is strong stuff on WFTSC and Music Complete too though they’re both a little more uneven. And Here To Stay is a great single.
I always felt (and still do) that Waiting for the Sirens’ Call was a decent effort.
Fair points. They do have the odd decent track. Just saddens me that you need to dig for them though, whereas I’m not sure they did a single bad thing in the 80s (if you ignore about half of Movement anyway). I even loved the John Robie mix of Sub-culture!

Of course they didn't ....New Order are just 'small fry' when compared to the truly great group's, or musical artistes, who REALLY did write infectious songs!

Having said that i really do like 'True Faith' , it's a great song.

Loved them, only seen them live 4 times & they were dreadful everytime, regret is a later day fav of mine :),seen vids of them looking amazing live, the times i saw them they really couldn’t be arsed

Its intrestimg that Ian Curtis is said to have killedc before the joy division tour of usa....possibly fearful of the commercial overloads/demands..

But when new order finally got thers in 82/83...the influence that their music picked up..in my opinion ,ultimately killed them as a band
Yes i loved Blue Monday and the follow up confusion,and all the dance remixes 12" Of these two particular Drum Machine based tracks .....but apart from Thieves like us,i took very little interest in them as a band afterwards.
The group members themselves say,in interviews ive watched...that when they had the backing of the American producers,and their smart cutting edge synthesizers etc..that;

" we felt like bank robbers "

Which looking back ,they were...the production team produced the new order that everyone loved ...for years
For me...the early, raw ,Movement album,and early 12 " releases like temptation,hurt ,everythings gone green,age of consent etc ..thats my New order.
The trip to amwrica was the beginning of The Product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.