Did Ryan go to Cardiff ?

mcfcphil

Well-Known Member
Joined
4 Jan 2009
Messages
2,077
kenzie115 said:
Pigeonho said:
It is one fucking annoying as fuck advert, too.

I think it's great, makes me smile every time, particularly the Everton chap.

We complain endlessly that the big corporations and people who run football don't care about match-going fans nowadays, so it's nice to see something like that in my opinion.

In what way does that advert show they care?
 

dobobobo

Well-Known Member
Joined
4 Mar 2012
Messages
4,873
kenzie115 said:
Pigeonho said:
It is one fucking annoying as fuck advert, too.

I think it's great, makes me smile every time, particularly the Everton chap.

We complain endlessly that the big corporations and people who run football don't care about match-going fans nowadays, so it's nice to see something like that in my opinion.

Please do not be a victim of the power of advertising.

A recent example of Barclays actions:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25525621
 

marco

Well-Known Member
Joined
21 Nov 2004
Messages
17,030
Location
i'm not really here
this thread has me confused now to some its manchester la la la to others its manchester na na na so what is it i allways sang the later of the two have i been making a dick of myself
 

cheddar404

Well-Known Member
Joined
28 Jan 2010
Messages
3,691
Location
On the moon, painting it blue
marco said:
this thread has me confused now to some its manchester la la la to others its manchester na na na so what is it i allways sang the later of the two have i been making a dick of myself

I think you can probably get away with using either without committing a colossal faux pas.
 

whp.blue

Well-Known Member
Joined
2 Jul 2007
Messages
9,408
Location
Rural Yorkshire
marco said:
this thread has me confused now to some its manchester la la la to others its manchester na na na so what is it i allways sang the later of the two have i been making a dick of myself

Not another Barm / Muffin debate FFS

it's na na na and Barm
 

Vienna_70

Well-Known Member
Joined
18 Jun 2009
Messages
32,197
Location
100, 32, 106, +79, 19
Team supported
The Only Team in Manchester!
Just seen the advert again and I was wondering about the choice of clubs featured.

And I reckon it's there sets of supporters who have had to put up with more successful near neighbours over the years, but have stuck by their club nevertheless.

And I like the advert too. It makes me smile every time I watch it.
 

jimharri

Moderator
Joined
30 Dec 2007
Messages
113,982
Location
The back of beyond
Vienna_70 said:
Just seen the advert again and I was wondering about the choice of clubs featured.

And I reckon it's there sets of supporters who have had to put up with more successful near neighbours over the years, but have stuck by their club nevertheless.

And I like the advert too. It makes me smile every time I watch it.
What about West ham? Can't think of any successful East London teams in recent times. Unless you're counting Chelsea and Arsenal, who aren't particularly ''near'' to Upton Park.
 

Vienna_70

Well-Known Member
Joined
18 Jun 2009
Messages
32,197
Location
100, 32, 106, +79, 19
Team supported
The Only Team in Manchester!
jimharri said:
Vienna_70 said:
Just seen the advert again and I was wondering about the choice of clubs featured.

And I reckon it's there sets of supporters who have had to put up with more successful near neighbours over the years, but have stuck by their club nevertheless.

And I like the advert too. It makes me smile every time I watch it.
What about West ham? Can't think of any successful East London teams in recent times. Unless you're counting Chelsea and Arsenal, who aren't particularly ''near'' to Upton Park.

Yes, I did mean Chelsea and Arsenal - and Tottenham to a certain extent - as they are all in the same city.

Arsenal is only eight miles from West Ham and Chelsea is 13 miles away. Not exactly vast distances, are they?
 

Pigeonho

Well-Known Member
Joined
9 Jun 2009
Messages
32,270
Location
In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
Vienna_70 said:
Just seen the advert again and I was wondering about the choice of clubs featured.

And I reckon it's there sets of supporters who have had to put up with more successful near neighbours over the years, but have stuck by their club nevertheless.

And I like the advert too. It makes me smile every time I watch it.
But 'Ryan' and his female friends all look about 18 years old, so they don't really know anything other than a City in the shadows, so to speak.
 

Don't have an account?

Register now!
Top
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.