Did you miss 93.20 ? Where were you when we weren’t S***

Jesus H Gabz

Team supported
City
Long story short, I wasn’t a STH and couldn’t get a ticket for love nor money. Daughter was a runner & competing at a regional championship that day, she was getting quite good so a few of the family (that didn’t go to the game) came along & we’d planned a pub to watch the game. She smashed the race so off to the pub we went (all 6 of us) chock full of rags! I mean hundreds.
We gave as good as we got for 3 hrs, and relented around the 87th min to chants of cheerio, you’ve effed it up & all the nursery rhymes. Earlier in the day we’d chatted to a City supporting family at the athletics, she was doing the game on the old transistor radio & had a big City flag outside her tent. Anyway we trudged back so she could do a warm up for the final & when we arrived I made a bee line for the City tent, only she was running round the grass embankment with her radio in one hand screaming! We’d done it :) So I’d missed our greatest modern moment, not only could I not get to the game, but missed the last two goals, maybe it’s why I still get goose bumps every time I watch it, I reckon there’s a fair few out there that can top that though

I'd made plans to go and see mates in Durham for that weekend when we were 8 points behind the scum.

Watched it in the boozer where I used to work, and have never had a day like it.

Pub had us at one end on telly, them shits at the other end of the pub. I was with leeds, norwich, newcastle, liverpool, sunderland, fans and I was the only person in there that didn't immediately celebrate when Sergio scored (rags excepted) because I was convinced it would be chalked off for some reason. Immediately on the blower to me old man in tears.

467516_10150942968395575_573331276_o.jpg

I was at the game but just not there after QPR when 2:1 up . All I can remember of the actual match was watching the clock count down thinking how have we managed to "fuck this up" !

I started going to games in 79 and went from plymouth for a good few years , best times of my life , not long had my accident so no hope in going to this

I had to work i think it was a sunday and we shut at 4 but match was still going and i had the radio on in the office while i was working but even after I was done i just stayed in the office listening to the match. Can remember standing in the middle of the office with my hands on my head when the clock hit 93:20.

Was living in Thailand at the time and wasn't at the match. I had a season ticket (that was being used by a friend) and so had the chance to go but decided against it.

I watched the match instead at home with my best friend who was also a huge City fan. A truly fantastic moment in my life. For a while after I regretted not going and savouring the atmosphere but my best friend sadly died in a traffic accident a few months later and so I am pleased that I didn't go to the game and that we got to watch and celebrate together. A special moment that we shared that I will never forget.

Was a season ticket holder and missed the game. I was 27, working a min wage job in a supermarket that was overlooked by Mordor. I'd managed to get to the games in the run in but Sundays were my contractually agreed day in, couldn't get it off at all and there was no place to watch the game. Had to listen to the last half hour on a shitty radio signal that kept cutting out, loads of reds giving me grief until aguero scored and I ran screaming down the checkout bank and slid on my knees in front of them all. In hindsight I should have given my notice and fucked the day off and gone.

I couldn’t afford a season ticket back then but went to a few games a season when I could.

Couldn’t get hold of a ticket for love nor money. Watched it at home on the telly! But then headed into town to meet a few pals and the rest of the day is a blur tbh.

Watched it in a rugby club in Anglesey whilst visiting my parents. Rags in one bar and blues in the other. Greatest day of my life bar none. Still get the goose bumps every time i watch the goal as those wonderful memories come flooding back. Made up for a lot of heart ache that. Something that was never going to happen in my life time. Getting to the league cup would have been enough for me prior to 08.

My job had me on standby, and i was hoping not to be called but of course i was! so at kickoff i find myself in Ibiza onboard a flight back to London with Lee Chapman and Leslie Ash in club, and he wanted to know the score literally every 5 mins i think the captain was pissed off with me for asking so much but he did provide the information when he could . so at 93.20 i was at 38 thousand feet enroute London with Lee Chapman asking me to find out the score , when i told him City had won the Premier League he was very happy for us . Take as you find both Lee and Leslie were great passengers .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.