Did you miss 93.20 ? Where were you when we weren’t S***

I can't lie, I was young at the time & tried to sell my ticket for the Kompany Derby & somebody grassed me upto the club & I got banned for the Derby & the QPR game haha, but looking back I wouldn't change watching that game with my family & my little girl.

It also gave me the chance to run down my street when Sergio scored & wind all the local reds up.
That is one of the craziest admissions on ere I’ve ever read! Consider your sins admonished :)
The overriding memories for most are not where they watched it but who with, no regrets eh, this is definitely the front runner

I shared a season ticket at that time and it wasn't my turn to go. I still don't mind as I watched it with my son and next door neighbour. I'd had a bottle of champagne on ice and took it out of the fridge at 80 minutes and put it back in the wine rack. My neighbours wife said she heard the roar next door when Sergio scored but I can't remember what we did or said at ghat monent. We drank the champagne though.

I was a season ticket holder for 33 years with hundreds of away games under my belt including every game in 98/99 in league two. Even the long midweek ones at Lincoln and Wycombe and was 100% at york.

In a nutshell my Mrs is a barcode and we were moving up to newcastle so handed my season ticket over to my nephew in 2011.

we never moved in the end and I watched in on tv at home

Was at the game but didn't see the goal as I was on the level 1 concourse at the time. Was quite relaxed during the first half but, when they equalised my bottle went. Missed the Barton sending off and their second goal as I was walking around the concourse as you could do in those days.
Came back to my seat at about 70 minutes and stayed till Dzeko scored, decided that I couldn't bear to watch the last couple of minutes but would go back at the final whistle. Walked back up to the concourse and spoke to someone who said the Rags were still winning said a few expletives and then heard an almighty roar and started jumping up and down. The thing I remember most was this bloke came out of his seat and started running off down the concourse.
Went back down to my seat and my first reaction was that it had been disallowed as I saw Mike Dean walking across to the group of players celebrating then realised that he was booking Serge for taking his shirt off.
The rest, as they say, is history.

Too nervous to watch the game so took the kids to Southsea funfair in Portsmouth. As the kids were going on the rides, the blokes running the rides had the radio on in their little huts. One guy said Rooney has scored & then another said Zabba has scored & like most City fans thought it was a formality.

Just as we are due to make our way home, my neighbour who was a rag/ Pompey 2 team wanker texted KING MACKIE when the 3330 were primitive to todays mobile phones with no Internet.

I switched my phone off, my missus asking why I was so miserable, thinking we'd blown it, thrown it away to the rags of all teams.

We got home about 5, didnt switch the TV on, finally switched it on about 6 and thinking to myself why are the cameras at the Etihad & not Stadium of light. The score flashed up, had to look twice & then bedlam running around the front room. Switched phone back on & it was just constant congratulations texts

I caught 93:20 live but it was a near-run thing. Was scheduled to do field work and the employer was not having any of my attempts to get out of it.

So I ended up quitting the job night before and made a mad drive across 3 US states to get home and watch it via ESPN with the commentary of none other than inveterate City-hater Ian Darke and Steve fucking Pointy McMinimum. (Who were, to be fair, not too bad in the moment.)

Imagine my thoughts at the 90th minute of that match though. Was a very good and high-paying job. Got another and better soon after but at the time - wow.

was in a pub in reddish. my mates father in law said he really needed the toilet just after edins goal but obviously couldnt leave..one of the lads noticed the map of africa starting to appear and said charlie you need to go. so he did and sergio scored while he was in there. hes not known as charlie anymore hes known as lucky. worrying thing is though..why was one of the lads looking at luckys groin?

Yes we were there, only time I've seen my son cry and that was tears of joy.i don't suppose we will ever get to feel that in that exact kind of way ever again. It was like holing your breath and then that first gasp of air when that ball went in

I know a bloke who left the stadium at 2-1 and didn’t see any more of it.

Alwyas wondered how he feels watching the replays of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.