Did you miss 93.20 ? Where were you when we weren’t S***

ST '74 till now with a couple of years out working abroad.
In the North Stand back that day.

Last edited:
A mate was watching in a pub at 85 minutes he stormed out, turned his phone off and took his dogs for a long walk down the canal. He got home about an hour after the final whistle turned the TV on and first thing he saw was City lifting the trophy.

He rushed back to the pub and as he walked through the door got the second biggest cheer of the day.

I caught 93:20 live but it was a near-run thing. Was scheduled to do field work and the employer was not having any of my attempts to get out of it.

So I ended up quitting the job night before and made a mad drive across 3 US states to get home and watch it via ESPN with the commentary of none other than inveterate City-hater Ian Darke and Steve fucking Pointy McMinimum. (Who were, to be fair, not too bad in the moment.)

Imagine my thoughts at the 90th minute of that match though. Was a very good and high-paying job. Got another and better soon after but at the time - wow.
I love your story. I turned down the best job offer of my life because it involved working Saturdays (at a time when football was always on Saturdays). I have never regretted it. Some of the best moments of my life have been watching City home and away. You have to follow your heart in life.

Didn't watch it as I was a Chelsea fan back then. Became a City fan after this game

I spent the last 10 minutes sulking, my missus kept saying we are going to do this, as usual she's always right

I was completely defeated by the 80 minute mark, one of the worst feelings ever. Like genuinely sick to my stomach.

I was trying to explain to my new girlfriend of ~3 months what was happening and why I was so upset, even though she had no idea what was going on.

She's my wife now so I guess it all worked out in the end.

Come to think of it I had more friends text me congratulations after that game then when we got engaged 6 years later. Priorities and all that.

I should have missed it as I worked Wednesday to Wednesday onboard a cross channel ferry. I had offered to pay other crew on their week off mega bucks to cover my shift for the day so I could go but to no avail. Anyway on Friday the general manager Vince visited the ship. He is a Chelsea fan I'd worked with when he was onboard and knew how much I'd suffered following City. He was my last chance. As soon as I said, "Vince, you know all those times I've bailed you out over the years..." He just said, "You want the day off on Sunday to go to the match don't you?" Anyway to my eternal gratitude he got cover and let me go. I worked 12 hours, got off Saturday night, got into Manchester via Leeds at 5:30 am and travelled straight back after all the celebrations to start work again Monday morning. Best day ever.

Sat in block 206 fully drained. Went completely bugshit when Sergio scored but didn't really enjoy it as the previous 45 minutes had left me gutted.
The West Ham game two years later was what I wanted for our first title. The place would have been manic for the final 40 minutes.
2018 was a bit of a lot down as the rags lost to give us the title. Again, it would have been manic had we held on 8 days earlier.
Winning it at Brighton in 2019 was a great day out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.