Diego Carlos

Doesn't seem to be any top shelf defenders available or coming through. Van Dijk was the last one available and it'll probably be years before the next one develops. Whoever we buy we need to accept they are not going to be world class and will have flaws. As long as they are an improvement on Otamendi or Stones then it'll do.

The game has just evolved to the point where people think top class defenders don't exist because their job is much harder now.

You can't just sit back and wait to brea some poor bastard in half when the ball bobbles up, you actually have to take part in the game, tackle cleanly, play 40 yards from your goal, receive the ball under insane pressure. So they make mistakes and then people pretend there's no good ones around.

It doesn't help that a lot of defenders get completely mythologised. Vinny made loads of mistakes even at his best, so did all the top defenders of the past but they were in slightly less exposing systems and people forget the mistakes when they win everything.

Van Dijk makes loads of mistakes.

Thought both CB looked decent but didn’t watch all the game don’t think they had much to do Not sure I would make a massive distinction between him and Kounde. kounde looked good late on but Diego was the one doing the passing and seemed decent throughout apart from the pen looks quick. think I prefer him to Kounde but seems like everyone else goes for Kounde

What is it about Kounde that you don't think is a good partner for Laporte dom?

I think he's too passive and he's the follower in the partnership. And I think that's the role Laporte was better in when next to Kompany than he is when he's trying to lead.

Also I've seen him probably half a dozen times this season and IMO he's not very good in the air, and he does make mistakes and stupid fouls - which you'd expect from a 21 year old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.