Diego Lattie

When your argument fails I can understand you would appreciate it not being pointed out. 16 is very early to sort the sheep from the goats and of course the flock will reduce - the trick is to keep the good ones. That's my point and it's just my opinion - clearly not shared by you or the club. We'll see who is right in due course.

You're still not answering the question or getting the point. SOMEONE HAS TO BE RELEASED. Do you literally want them to just try and sign them all regardless of rules and legislation? Do you think someone else shouldn't have been offered a scholarship then? Who if so?

I get the rest about 16 being no age to judge a talent, totally totally get it. I also think he'll have a good career, and I hope he does, but I suspect all this group will do....but they have to choose someone over someone and he was the unlucky one. You can't always have your cake and eat it.

You're still not answering the question or getting the point. SOMEONE HAS TO BE RELEASED. Do you literally want them to just try and sign them all regardless of rules and legislation? Do you think someone else shouldn't have been offered a scholarship then? Who if so?

I get the rest about 16 being no age to judge a talent, totally totally get it. I also think he'll have a good career, and I hope he does, but I suspect all this group will do....but they have to choose someone over someone and he was the unlucky one. You can't always have your cake and eat it.
Arguing the case for one lad to be kept is not countered by repeating that not everybody can be kept. Some are and I think he should be one of them.

Arguing the case for one lad to be kept is not countered by repeating that not everybody can be kept. Some are and I think he should be one of them.

Who should have made way at his expense then? I'm no expert but others have said we have others ahead of him in his position in his age group and lots of talent in the same position in similar age groups.

Okay, so this is about you having different opinions to City then. Fair enough - maybe clarify that early on instead of being really confusing and vague.

Who would you keep him over from this list then - Foden. Sancho. Dele-Bashiru. Campbell. Latibeaudiere. Francis. Rosler. Smith. Bolton.

Genuinely curious? They're all top talents. I know Goodridge, Manuel, Hilton and possibly Wilson haven't been offered contracts too. All very good players as well - are you not more concerned about any of them?? I can't even say for 100% sure that Lattie wasn't offered one! It might've been his choice as far as we know.

Last edited:
Okay, so this is about you having different opinions to City then. Fair enough - maybe clarify that early on instead of being really confusing and vague.

Who would you keep him over from this list then - Foden. Sancho. Dele-Bashiru. Campbell. Latibeaudiere. Francis. Rosler. Smith. Bolton.

Genuinely curious? They're all top talents. I know Goodridge, Manuel, Hilton and possibly Wilson haven't been offered contracts too. All very good players as well - are you not more concerned about any of them?? I can't even say for 100% sure that Lattie wasn't offered one! It might've been his choice as far as we know.

Has anything changed regarding Campbell twosips? Is he staying?

Can I ask if you go to the academy games on a regular basis? Just curious why you seem so sure this lad will make it.

If he was offered a contract and declined it that would be worrying for a locally born sixteen year old, let's assume he wasn't because others were considered better prospects in his position at right back. Diego won 4 u-17 England caps last October although he's not included in the latest squad, as I said he's currently behind Oliver in the EDS and apparently Demeaco Duhane who's had rave notices in that position. Maybe that's why he's been moved on, just too many right backs. I would argue - having seen him and the others - that he's still worth keeping. At that age it is very difficult to assess where their best position will eventually be. Liverpool will be his team from now on and we will see how he progresses there compared with those we have retained.

Liverpool will be his team from now on and we will see how he progresses there compared with those we have retained.
It matters not a jot how he progresses at Liverpool although I wish the lad the very best. The simple matter is that he won't progress here because there's others better suited in front of him so he'll never get any game time. Don't forget that as well as the lads in front of him there will undoubtedly be younger kids behind him looking to progress. Yes, this is in the opinion of the City coaches but I'm guessing they're better positioned to judge this than anyone on here. Seriously can't see why you keep banging on about this George.

Not at all this year but saw him last season. It's just simply that I remember being impressed and he comes from Stockport of course.

Well quite a bit can happen in a year. Where he comes from is irrelevant, although it's always good to see local kids making it at our club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.