Diego Maradona

What i never understood was how 5ft 6ins Maradona outjumped six-foot odd Shilton to score that goal.

I've always said this. I dont blame Maradona for what he done at all. Shilton should have leapt better (he had this problem in Italia 90 too) , the ref or lino possibly should have seen it too.

I wonder if some of the posters crying about his "Hand of God" goal are some of the posters claiming not to give a fuck about England matches during an international break...
I'll answer this for you if you like?

In 1986 I was 14 years old mate and still watched England games, fast forward to the future of an England team made up of cocks, twats and cunts and I stopped having the desire to watch England play.

I hope you don't waste too much of your time researching it as I think you'll find it is a likely scenario for most people.

Enjoy the documentary on Pele.

Last edited:
Insane technique.

I wonder if some of the posters crying about his "Hand of God" goal are some of the posters claiming not to give a fuck about England matches during an international break...

Could be worth a couple of hours of research if I could be arsed. I think I'd rather re-watch the documentary about the greatest player of all time instead.
Certainly the case for me - I always thought Maradona was a fat cheating junkie and also have no interest in watching the England team during Intl breaks.

Amazing footballer , watching clips of him , you can appreciate what a great player he was ,
Speed , control , aggression , finishing , vision he had it all .
People still moaning about the hand of god goal need to get over themselves.
A few minutes later in that game he literally ran through the whole team and the rounded Shilton for good measure and stuck in the back of the net .
Was easily the best player in the world when he was around , and no doubt up there in the greatest of all time discussion now .
Won a World Cup with Argentina then got to the final 4 years later again .
Moved to Napoli who fought relegation in the year before he came , came 8th in his first season then won the league the season after , (there first league title ever) league was dominated by juve, inter , Milan etc all the northern Italian clubs , then won a coppa Italia a Uefa cup and another league title.
The most successful period in there entire history.
They’ve not won a league title since he stopped playing .
Can understand why he’s adored so much in Naples .
If you understand football , then you can see what a great player he was.
I like him as a person aswell, he seemed like a genuine guy , a man of the people.
Come from very humble beginnings and became one of the greatest footballers of all time .
He was definitely a flawed character, and had a lot of controversy surrounding him , but most people are flawed , what ever people think about him he was definitely a personality .
Rip to a legend.

I understand how some still are upset at the handball goal but it was nearly 35 years ago. I was upset at the time but was then dumbstruck by his second and the England fight back was great.
I don’t understand how people can define his career by the handball and his lifestyle. Listen to Pep “he made people like football”. He transcended teams and more importantly he became someone the poor could live life through. He was from the slums just like Kun, just like Carlos and without that wonderful talent all 3 might have been forever in the slums or worse. So people will forgive him almost anything.
So forgive him a little. A young boy kicked to shit whenever he played and then he essentially became a commodity for other people (a bit like YaYa - although that is not to excuse some of Toure’s more nasty behaviour).
What do Kun, Carlos and Maradona have in common? They are all warriors and who come alive and live for the ball (great article by Valdano in the Guardian today). You could never accuse any of not fighting to the death EVERY time.
And so to Naples, another city where the working/poor have been shat on if not by the corrupt Govt then by the mafia. Remember how we all feel when City do great things - imagine that for a journey man team dragged to 2 titles due to Maradona.
All reports indicate that someone with so much talent was so generous to his team mates and generous off the field - basically still s young kid loving his football in s man’s body with any number of shithouses leeching off him. Once the drugs took hold it was the end and I only wish he had made better decisions.
As Pep says, to repeat, “he makes you love football” and there are very few who do that

Bent arm as well to hide his hand in his perm. Shilton always was slow moving his feet, cost us repeatedly at tournaments
Yup that free kick in Italia 90 ffs he didn’t even get 6 inches off the floor and the pens were in the net already by the time he dived

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.