Diego Maradona

1m%. Wasn’t the nicest of people off the pitch, took the piss at the last World Cup too completely coked up to the eye balls.
Amazing player and one of the best ever, but let’s not pretend he was a nice bloke.
Not sure anyone is. Totally had his demons and faults but WHAT A FOOTBALLER!!

people will always mention the handball but if we had a goaly whos feet could leave the ground when jumping we wouldnt even be talking about it.

but his other goal ... WOW

Unbelievable footballer.

Mexico '86 was the first World Cup I can really remember and he pretty much won it on his own. remember being transfixed whenever he had the ball. Against England, my dad went crazy after the hand of god goal but then 10 minutes later was standing up and applauding his second goal.

Thats the kind of player he was, used every trick in the book to get his way but what an absolute genius.

He also won Napoli 2 titles and almost won the World Cup again in 1990. This is an ear where he got no protection from refs and defenders kicked the shit out of him.

The match i remember most was the 1990 World Cup Quarter Final VS Brazil.

It was hyped as potentially the best match of the tournament but turned out to be really dull and turgid as brazil put 2 players to mark Maradonna throughout the match. With about 10 minutes to go i think he had enough and received the ball in the center circle, he skipped past 4 Brazillian tackles and then made the most perfectly weighted thoughball you will ever see to Caniggia who rounded the keeper and scored.

RIP Maradonna. The best ever

Not sure anyone is. Totally had his demons and faults but WHAT A FOOTBALLER!!

people will always mention the handball but if we had a goaly whos feet could leave the ground when jumping we wouldnt even be talking about it.

but his other goal ... WOW
Yeah no denying that. Wouldn’t mind so much if he cheated and left it at that. But he fucking went on and on about it for years after, rubbing it in.

Wasn't the nicest of guys but made my top four players.
Messi
Ronaldo
Pele
Maradonna

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.